Noctua U12S Redux or Deepcool AK400?

Newblesse Obblige

I have posted about the Deepcool AK400 here before and now I found the U12S Redux, I want to know which is the better buy.

Same reason as the last post(link I gave) I posted here. but Ill just copy-paste it here anyway. 

I am upgrading my PC one by one and the cooler is the next one. I was going straight for a Hyper 212 but the Hyper 212 said to be painful to install so I looked for another alternative. 

The CPU im choosing as an upgrade is a 12400f or 10400f (ofc, I will also upgrade my Motherboard too).

10 hours ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

I have posted about the Deepcool AK400 here before and now I found the U12S Redux, I want to know which is the better buy.

Same reason as the last post(link I gave) I posted here. but Ill just copy-paste it here anyway. 

I am upgrading my PC one by one and the cooler is the next one. I was going straight for a Hyper 212 but the Hyper 212 said to be painful to install so I looked for another alternative. 

The CPU im choosing as an upgrade is a 12400f or 10400f (ofc, I will also upgrade my Motherboard too).

The U12S is ridiculously overpriced for the performance. Everyone assumes that all noctua coolers are good and that is just not true. The GOOD noctua coolers, (U12A, D15, D15S), are really good. But the u12s, u14, etc. are really overpriced for the performance. You are better off with a sythe mugen 5 or fuma 2. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

Cheaper one better. Lower end cpu:s like that work just fine with new 212, id-cooling se-224-xt, freezer 34, gammaxx 400s, fera 5, vetroo v5 etc. I would just pick the cheapest one and if tied, the one that looks better in your opinion.

7 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Cheaper one better. Lower end cpu:s like that work just fine with new 212, id-cooling se-224-xt, freezer 34, gammaxx 400s, fera 5, vetroo v5 etc. I would just pick the cheapest one and if tied, the one that looks better in your opinion.

Agree. u12s super overpriced

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

@Newblesse ObbligeKeep in mind, almost none of the coolers mentioned come with LGA 1700 mounting in the box. And Arctic/Deepcool/ID-Cooling/Thermalright/Noctua/Scythe have the highest chance of having LGA 1700 kits you can but on (Amazon) What country are you in, and where are you buying from ?

Fera 5 and Deepcool AK400 have the best fans, a step up from the rest, with Arctic Freezer 34 and Freezer i13 X a close second.

But almost anything will work for those 2, Arctic Freezer i13 X should be the cheapest option.

16 hours ago, Ryan829 said:

The U12S is ridiculously overpriced for the performance. Everyone assumes that all noctua coolers are good and that is just not true. The GOOD noctua coolers, (U12A, D15, D15S), are really good. But the u12s, u14, etc. are really overpriced for the performance. You are better off with a sythe mugen 5 or fuma 2. 

Umm @Ryan829, Im referring to the cheaper Redux version of U12S, not the original U12S.

18 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

The U12S might slightly outperform the Deepcool unit, but with the processor your going for it'll be negligible and not worth the extra cost.

Go for the AK400.

@Demonic DonutKeep in mind that Im referring to the Redux version of the U12S, not the original U12S, which is the cheapest option for Noctua. 

8 hours ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

@Demonic DonutKeep in mind that Im referring to the Redux version of the U12S, not the original U12S, which is the cheapest option for Noctua. 

Pricing for me, U12S redux is $50 and Gammax 400 is $25. Cooling/noise wise, you'd probably be better off spending the extra money on some case fans depending on your case and how many fans you already have.

Or save the money for bills, a dinner out, a new game or something that brings you some fun.

If you like the look of the u12 redux, and it's worth the extra money to you for coolness, definitely get it.