Display recommendation around 500$

Bytefewder

Hey everyone,

I would to ask you all for help on choosing a display around 500$ (can be more, but not too much more). I have certain criteria I would like to meet but I'm okay with reevaluating any of them. I'm looking for the following:

• Mainly, I want a gaming display that will be a primary display for my build. I would like to buy something that makes sense when looking at the current gen of graphics (that would take advantage of the current GPU gen, something like 3070/3080 and current console gen, like PS5).
  • Touching on the point above, I would use this monitor for my day to day PC use, work, but also gaming, in both PC and PS5, so I would like to have enough ports to connect to both, if possible. I also have PS4, PS3 and Switch, so if it could be compatible, that would be amazing.
  • I would like a nice refresh rate/response time monitor, but balancing that with good image quality.
  • A good monitor stand with adjustable height, swivel and rotation would be a plus, but not required.
  • No constraints on the visual aspect of the display itself.
  • In terms of size, I was thinking about 27'', but in case there is a display in a different size that meets the criteria, that would be okay as well. I'm not looking for a curved ultra wide, but once again, can be discussed.

And I can't think of any other criteria at the moment. I know the display industry is one of compromises, so I'm open to any recommendation that can touch on some of the points (I assume it will be impossible to achieve all of them with 500$).

Thanks in advance for your time!

João

16 minutes ago, Bytefewder said:

Hey everyone,

I would to ask you all for help on choosing a display around 500$ (can be more, but not too much more). I have certain criteria I would like to meet but I'm okay with reevaluating any of them. I'm looking for the following:

• Mainly, I want a gaming display that will be a primary display for my build. I would like to buy something that makes sense when looking at the current gen of graphics (that would take advantage of the current GPU gen, something like 3070/3080 and current console gen, like PS5).
  • Touching on the point above, I would use this monitor for my day to day PC use, work, but also gaming, in both PC and PS5, so I would like to have enough ports to connect to both, if possible. I also have PS4, PS3 and Switch, so if it could be compatible, that would be amazing.
  • I would like a nice refresh rate/response time monitor, but balancing that with good image quality.
  • A good monitor stand with adjustable height, swivel and rotation would be a plus, but not required.
  • In terms of size, I was thinking about 27'', but in case there is a display in a different size that meets the criteria, that would be okay as well. I'm not looking for a curved ultra wide, but once again, can be discussed.

And I can't think of any other criteria at the moment. I know the display industry is one of compromises, so I'm open to any recommendation that can touch on some of the points (I assume it will be impossible to achieve all of them with 500$).

João

I really like these two: 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/628068/acer-predator-xb273u-gxbmiipruzx-27-2k-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-270hz-wide-screen-gaming-monitor

https://www.microcenter.com/product/643379/gigabyte-m32u-sa-32-4k-uhd-(3840-x-2160)-144hz-gaming-monitor

The first option is 2k 270hz with excellent image quality for $599. 

The second option is 4k 144hz HDMI 2.1 with excellent image quality for $599. 

The latter option would probably be better for you since you are using console and it has HDMI 2.1. 

The former option is only at microcenter and the acer refurbished store on ebay while the latter one is available everywhere.

$500 is a really awkward amount to spend on a monitor. Either grab one of the bazillion 2k 144hz monitors for $250-$300 or grab a $600 ish one. I have the AW2721d which is almost identical to the first panel I listed. I grabbed it for $425 on ebay. I think it was like $750 brand new because it has Gsync ultimate. I know some people don't like buying used but I love the panel. Up to you honestly. $500 is a weird segment in monitors right now. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

20 minutes ago, Bytefewder said:

Hey everyone,

João

If you decide to go the cheaper route, this one is great for $219 

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824012015

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

57 minutes ago, Ryan829 said:

I really like these two: 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/628068/acer-predator-xb273u-gxbmiipruzx-27-2k-wqhd-(2560-x-1440)-270hz-wide-screen-gaming-monitor

https://www.microcenter.com/product/643379/gigabyte-m32u-sa-32-4k-uhd-(3840-x-2160)-144hz-gaming-monitor

The first option is 2k 270hz with excellent image quality for $599. 

The second option is 4k 144hz HDMI 2.1 with excellent image quality for $599. 

The latter option would probably be better for you since you are using console and it has HDMI 2.1. 

The former option is only at microcenter and the acer refurbished store on ebay while the latter one is available everywhere.

$500 is a really awkward amount to spend on a monitor. Either grab one of the bazillion 2k 144hz monitors for $250-$300 or grab a $600 ish one. I have the AW2721d which is almost identical to the first panel I listed. I grabbed it for $425 on ebay. I think it was like $750 brand new because it has Gsync ultimate. I know some people don't like buying used but I love the panel. Up to you honestly. $500 is a weird segment in monitors right now. 

Thank you so much for your help! 600 is fine, I'll also check AW2721d option!

2 minutes ago, Bytefewder said:

Thank you so much for your help! 600 is fine, I'll also check AW2721d option!

Yeah it's a really good monitor. If you don't care about used they are on ebay for sub 500 quite regularly. Just FYI it does not have HDMI 2.1 for the ps5 though. And I wouldn't pay full price for it. But I do like it better than the acer one I linked as it has gsync ultimate and better build quality.