How should I rewire the house with Cat6 in my case (And also wire another room that wasn't wired)

Filingo

This is the current situation in a beautiful MS Paint sketch:

https://imgur.com/a/3nrRjUf

Explanation:

Rooms 1 and 3 are wired to Cat 5e, going out from the router, and run on the walls with clips.

The router itself is connected to a phone line coming from the conduit, however, it's permanently stuck there because they added this point later and just extended the last part without a conduit, and it's just coming out of the concrete - there is no way to actually pull a new wire from this point (talking about point 3 in red)

I want to replace the wires to Cat6 to prepare for optic fiber internet, and also wire room number 2.

Rooms 2 and 3 share a wall.

What would be the best way to re-wire the house to cat6 and also wire room 2? The router doesn't have to be in the same spot it is now, I put it there because it was important for room 3 to be wired, and this spot was the closest.

I just feel like the conduits are too empty and could be used somehow to both run the wires better and hide them as well. Or I should just drill a hole from room 3 to room 2, add a switch and done.

(The distance between the network box to each conduit opening is 10m)

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

How fast is your fiber internet. Cat5e already supports 1Gbps.

Up to 1Gbps only right now,

so you say I should probably just wire room 2?

Also the Cat5e I currently use aren't solid, they are cheapest I could've found back at the time, I think they're stranded and thin (like 26AWG?), so I just wanted to do a better job this time if I already got a Cat6 roll (But might not do it after all)

58 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Up to 1Gbps only right now,

so you say I should probably just wire room 2?

Also the Cat5e I currently use aren't solid, they are cheapest I could've found back at the time, I think they're stranded and thin (like 26AWG?), so I just wanted to do a better job this time if I already got a Cat6 roll (But might not do it after all)

The Cat6 upgrade as already mentioned likely isn't necessary. Probably one of those cases of don't fix what ain't broke. If you really insist on changing it, you should be able to use the existing Cat 5 wires to pull the new Cat6 wires.

As for Room2 it depends on your house. When I wired my house, everything was easy. I got in the attic and drilled holes in the wall to run the wires down, just cut hole in the walls to add boxes. Since you are talking about concrete, and conduit, it sounds like you may not have that luxury. If that's the case, you may be better off just to add a switch and drill through the one wall.

What I was thinking about was to place the router at room 1, then pull an Ethernet cable from room 1 to room 2, and drill a hole from room 2 to room 3.

This way I will not have cables running on the walls, and between room 2 and 3 it will barely be visible and probably covered by other things since the distance there is very short.

What are the pros and cons for that?

6 hours ago, Filingo said:

What I was thinking about was to place the router at room 1, then pull an Ethernet cable from room 1 to room 2, and drill a hole from room 2 to room 3.

This way I will not have cables running on the walls, and between room 2 and 3 it will barely be visible and probably covered by other things since the distance there is very short.

What are the pros and cons for that?

There's not really any cons unless you upgraded to even faster broadband and your router only had one cable going to it limiting it to Gigabit to the rest of the house.

So for example if you had 2Gbit at the router and the router only had Gigabit LAN ports (very common), you'd want to spread your clients across multiple ports to share that 2Gbit as evenly as possible.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

There's not really any cons unless you upgraded to even faster broadband and your router only had one cable going to it limiting it to Gigabit to the rest of the house.

So for example if you had 2Gbit at the router and the router only had Gigabit LAN ports (very common), you'd want to spread your clients across multiple ports to share that 2Gbit as evenly as possible.

Oh, so let's say in the future I'll have 1Gbps internet, and now rooms 2 and 3 are daisy chained - it means that if both will be downloading files at max speed, they will share this 1Gbps between them, so each will get 500Mbps? (Or however the decide to share it between them)

9 hours ago, Filingo said:

Oh, so let's say in the future I'll have 1Gbps internet, and now rooms 2 and 3 are daisy chained - it means that if both will be downloading files at max speed, they will share this 1Gbps between them, so each will get 500Mbps? (Or however the decide to share it between them)

Unless you're also transferring files between PCs in room 2 & 3 at the time then yes.  You only might want faster if say you had a NAS connected to the router and wanted to make sure moving files between that and a PC wont slow down the broadband (though in that case having the NAS in room 2 or 3 would be easier as few routers have faster than Gigabit on their built-in switch).

If broadband is all you are doing, or you rarely transfer files locally across the network and don't mind the Internet being slower during those periods (it would only be slower if you're accessing a client on a different switch as its sharing bandwidth down the cable that links them), then you're fine.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7