Apartment wifi. How to make better

scorch__62

Hello. So thought asking here might give me the most help with this. Okay I am trying to figure out how to make my apartments wifi stronger. It tends to disconnect a good amount or take a very long time loading. Now the apartment rooms do not have a physical modem. I believe they are using one of those mass area signals. I wanted to simply try using a router but since I have no physical modem to work with what are some ways I can make this bad internet better? I do also want to add that I have my PC connected to Ethernet via the wall plug and that tends have alot of issues with server connections or searching the internet. Any help or ideas is much appreciated.

Should also be noted that this wifi is set up on a network where you must register each device.

39 minutes ago, scorch__62 said:

Now the apartment rooms do not have a physical modem. I believe they are using one of those mass area signals. I wanted to simply try using a router but since I have no physical modem to work with what are some ways I can make this bad internet better?

Sounds like the landlord or building owner is the one who controls that stuff. In which case there isn't much you can do about it except tell them about it and hope they look at other solutions.

If even ethernet is bad then it might be either the connection they have setup isn't sufficient for the need or they have limits in place.