Worried about compatibility in a possible upgrade

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Those will work. As long as everything fits in the case, it's fine. 

The GPU will get 16 lanes from the CPU, and the WiFi card will get some lanes from the chipset.

Hello there everyone. I've been trying to figure what cpu/motherboard to upgrade to. I'm trying to get an i3-12100 and a b660 ds3h motherboard but im worried about whether lanes will be an issue. I'm gonna use a 6600xt and a wifi card with it. will there be enough lanes?/is there any other compatibility I should be worried about? thank you.

The GPU will get 16 lanes from the CPU, and the WiFi card will get some lanes from the chipset.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

thank you! much appreciated

Are you considering or using a M.2 drive? As that too requires lanes and was a nasty surprise when I upgrade my rig. Tried to put too many M.2 drives on the motherboard and unless I ran my GPU at 8x instead of 16x I couldn't use all of my M.2 ports on the motherboard at once.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

17 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

Are you considering or using a M.2 drive? As that too requires lanes and was a nasty surprise when I upgrade my rig. Tried to put too many M.2 drives on the motherboard and unless I ran my GPU at 8x instead of 16x I couldn't use all of my M.2 ports on the motherboard at once.

Heavily dependant on the wiring. Certain board chipset just runs some of the m.2 port through chipset pcie lanes instead of directly using the CPU pcie lane.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.