micro USB cables, various ones

frozensun

Hi my friends.

When I go to local store where I buy food I usually come to one stand where they sell chinese micro usb cables.

And cuz I have an OCD of buying same stuff over and over again, look what I purchased (pics).

Last cable I bought is from some brand named Remax and cable really looks great,it's bendable but though ain't cheap (3 euros).

AS you can see I also have braided one,rounded one,etc....

I like to have more various cables cuz I have many devices which I charge via micro USB cable.

20220326_174254.jpg

20220326_174248.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I see you're a hoarder in the beginning stages.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I see you're a hoarder in the beginning stages.

What does that mean?A compliment?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What does that mean?A compliment?

You're collecting things that are borderline obsolete in numbers of which you don't need. They're also low quality.

I just think you could be using your resources more appropriately.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You're collecting things that are borderline obsolete in numbers of which you don't need. They're also low quality.

I just think you could be using your resources more appropriately.

Read my signature dude.I have like 20 devices which charge over micro USB,so I like to charge them paralel at same time and ofc try diferent cables.

My dad was the same,so I got OCD from him (genetics).

Just now, frozensun said:

Read my signature dude.

Has no bearing on my comment. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

Has no bearing on my comment. 

Actuallly it would have,if you would known what BPD is!!

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Actuallly it would have,if you would known what BPD is!!

I know what it is. I have friends with it. They don't impulse buy or hoard. Those also aren't symptoms of the disorder. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I know what it is. I have friends with it. They don't impulse buy or hoard. Those also aren't symptoms of the disorder. 

what is it?

14 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You're really gatekeeping someone else's mental illness? OCD can be comorbid with BPD along with anxiety and depression and really anything else. Someone isn't limited to a single mental affliction you know?? That would be like saying you've got cancer so you can't also have the flu.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6343421/

Comorbid diagnoses in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) are not uncommon. Among all anxiety disorders, the risk of having at least one comorbid personality disorder is the highest for OCD (52%).

The prevalence of BPD among OCD patients has been estimated to be around 5%.

Since mental illness is so badly stigmatized the prevalence is probably substantially greater than 5%.

Anyway. cheap microUSB cables can be problematic for charging because the conductors inside are often small, the wires are fragile and may be copper clad aluminum which become brittle and break more easily than copper, and they usually have very poor if any strain relief. If your device is charging pretty hard and the cable has areas of high resistance it could become hot and potentially a fire hazard. Be sure to check your cheaper cables more often for damage, especially in areas they flex at.

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You're really gatekeeping someone else's mental illness? OCD can be comorbid with BPD along with anxiety and depression and really anything else. Someone isn't limited to a single mental affliction you know?? That would be like saying you've got cancer so you can't also have the flu.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6343421/

Since mental illness is so badly stigmatized the prevalence is probably substantially greater than 5%.

Anyway. cheap microUSB cables can be problematic for charging because the conductors inside are often small, the wires are fragile and may be copper clad aluminum which become brittle and break more easily than copper, and they usually have very poor if any strain relief. If your device is charging pretty hard and the cable has areas of high resistance it could become hot and potentially a fire hazard. Be sure to check your cheaper cables more often for damage, especially in areas they flex at.

I don't think this cable is cheap by no means....3 euros for micro USB cable is not cheap,at least not here in Bosnia.

Dear friend my daily income as an engineer is 25 euros,so you think spending 3 eu for cable is cheap?
Btw ever heard about Remax (cables)?
How can I know visually which from these cables is cheap?
I paid for them all around 2-3 euros.

I know Samsung has it's own micro USB cable but here costs 10 euros and it does not look like different from the white one on my pic.

As for BPD I'd discuss with you about since I'm diagnosed with it back in 2016 and know how is making my life miserable, so....after all this is not psychiatric forum.

Tell me why you think these cables are bad?Don't you think 99 % of any cables like these are made in China?

Apple charges 20-30$ USD for cables in america.

3$ for a cable (at retail) is cheap.

I expect most decent cables to start at the 8-10$ USD range.

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Apple charges 20-30$ USD for cables in america.

3$ for a cable (at retail) is cheap.

I expect most decent cables to start at the 8-10$ USD range.

How much is average monthly neto sallary in America?

I just did some research Remax seems reputable brand,but who knows,this could be copy too..

https://www.iremaxusa.com/collections/cables

Samsung has like it's own micro usb cable and usb cable type C.

Yeah it's double the expense of these cables, but could someone explain me why that cable is different from these ones?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Micro-Charging-Cable-Galaxy/dp/B00KH9H3EA

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

it's not different.  It's USB A to Micro USB.

I mean why you think this cable is better quality to justify the double price.

It's just "Samsung".

Cable is cable,few wires,isolation and that is it.we don't speak here about like HDMI cables where there is difference between them.

I have Samsung cable and visually I don't ser the difference.Besides I will picture you guys what happened to it so I don't use it any more.

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

I don't think this cable is cheap by no means....3 euros for micro USB cable is not cheap,at least not here in Bosnia.

Dear friend my daily income as an engineer is 25 euros,so you think spending 3 eu for cable is cheap?
Btw ever heard about Remax (cables)?
How can I know visually which from these cables is cheap?
I paid for them all around 2-3 euros.

I know Samsung has it's own micro USB cable but here costs 10 euros and it does not look like different from the white one on my pic.

As for BPD I'd discuss with you about since I'm diagnosed with it back in 2016 and know how is making my life miserable, so....after all this is not psychiatric forum.

Tell me why you think these cables are bad?Don't you think 99 % of any cables like these are made in China?

Honestly you can't tell without cutting it apart and checking how it's constructed inside.

Are the wires an appropriate gauge for the power draw it's loaded with?

Are the wires shielded? Twisted pair?

Is there adequate strain relief?

Are they actually copper?

Are the terminating crimps properly punched down? No stray strands that missed the crimp?

Those are a few things to look out for when you do take a cable apart to inspect it. Cheap doesn't mean bad every time but certainly price CAN be an indicator of quality. Why does a Volvo S60 cost more than a Volkswagen Passat?

Low effort content, not a review. Honestly should have been in the "latest purchased" thread.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Honestly you can't tell without cutting it apart and checking how it's constructed inside.

Are the wires an appropriate gauge for the power draw it's loaded with?

Are the wires shielded? Twisted pair?

Is there adequate strain relief?

Are they actually copper?

Are the terminating crimps properly punched down? No stray strands that missed the crimp?

Those are a few things to look out for when you do take a cable apart to inspect it. Cheap doesn't mean bad every time but certainly price CAN be an indicator of quality. Why does a Volvo S60 cost more than a Volkswagen Passat?

20220327_145707.jpg

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

20220327_145707.jpg

I mean I can say I'm 6ft tall and have a Yacht. It doesn't make it true. Strain relief looks good on that one at least, cut it open and see how it's actually made inside.

29 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I mean I can say I'm 6ft tall and have a Yacht. It doesn't make it true. Strain relief looks good on that one at least, cut it open and see how it's actually made inside.

Yeah just for you,I will... 

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yeah just for you,I will... 

Not just for me, for all of this. This is a product review after all!

This one is thick as hell..

3 euros..should purchase at least 3, I need it for my tablets..

20220401_122029.jpg

20220401_122018.jpg

40 minutes ago, frozensun said:

This one is thick as hell..

3 euros..should purchase at least 3, I need it for my tablets..

Just thick plastic? Still waiting for those cross-sections.