Help Asus 10gbe issues.

Bmoney

Rampage Vi Extreme gen 1
Asus 1080ti
3 Samsung ssds
Asus 10gbe Nic (in addtion to the onboard)
1600 AXi
Windows 10

So just recently. My 10Gbe card both of them report (Network) cable unplugged. Randomly. 

I currently only use 1 the onboard to directly connect to my server (tested all ports working fine)

I am also connected to my Lan and a public wifi in addition to P2P connection to my server. ALL of which are on different subnets. 

I tried cleaning out the ports, 3 different cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Disable restarted enable restart, ping test, troubler shooter 

It will work fine one minute and randomly say the network Cable is unplugged and it does while I am just watching a Movie. 

I get no lights what so ever out of the ports or card indicator. During plug and unplug All power management is off in the properties. 

I would think it was a faulty card but the fact the add-on also has the same issue points to a software issues. I check Asus driver page nothing either. 

All I get is cable unplugged. The 1gbe and wifi are working. 

Sounds like something is faulty. If youve tried the 3 different cables and its the same result, than id just assume the NIC is just not functioning right. The only Other thing that i could think of is that when you use your 1 Gig Ethernet port, it could disable the 10 gig one since its not in use and it does not like switching between the two.

23 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Sounds like something is faulty. If youve tried the 3 different cables and its the same result, than id just assume the NIC is just not functioning right. The only Other thing that i could think of is that when you use your 1 Gig Ethernet port, it could disable the 10 gig one since its not in use and it does not like switching between the two.

But it would affect both the add-on card and the internal NIC. 
It randomly start working too. 

It feels like a windows issue. 

I feel like there is a bug in the power mangement that kills it even though power managment is disabled. 

7 hours ago, Bmoney said:

But it would affect both the add-on card and the internal NIC. 
It randomly start working too. 

It feels like a windows issue. 

I feel like there is a bug in the power mangement that kills it even though power managment is disabled. 

Have you checked the other end? Are you sure that it isn't a switch/router issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:33 AM, Blue4130 said:

Have you checked the other end? Are you sure that it isn't a switch/router issue?

Direct P2P connection

I purchased two of the Asus 10gbe NIC's about a year and a half ago. From day one, both of them reported the cable was unplugged in two different systems. Could never get them working. The same cable moving to onboard LAN worked instantly. I ended up having to RMA them both.

I moved to a TP Link 10gbe card and an Intel X550 10gbe card. Both these worked flawlessly. 

Know this isn't too helpful, but have seen that issue before.