Connecting multiple Xiaomi Yi Action cam to a single PC

y0ur5h4d0w

hi all! i'm planning about streaming a full live concert of my band on twitch using multiple yi action camera, the problem i'm trying to solve is first of all a way to connect more then 1 action cam to my windows PC, this happens because the yi action cam is connected using it's own wifi to the phone usually, but i found out that using a software called "yi master" i can connect it to my PC using a wifi dongle, the actual problem is that when i connect it to my PC in order to stream it somewhere i have to use LAN, so if i have say 5 cameras i need at least 5 dongles AND 1 lan or another dongle to connect to the internet to properly stream my video on twitch using OBS... is there a way to connect multiple wifi cam without having to buy a million dongles? 

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

42 minutes ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

hi all! i'm planning about streaming a full live concert of my band on twitch using multiple yi action camera, the problem i'm trying to solve is first of all a way to connect more then 1 action cam to my windows PC, this happens because the yi action cam is connected using it's own wifi to the phone usually, but i found out that using a software called "yi master" i can connect it to my PC using a wifi dongle, the actual problem is that when i connect it to my PC in order to stream it somewhere i have to use LAN, so if i have say 5 cameras i need at least 5 dongles AND 1 lan or another dongle to connect to the internet to properly stream my video on twitch using OBS... is there a way to connect multiple wifi cam without having to buy a million dongles? 

5 VMs each with its own dongle passed through to a different channel maybe?  Need a lotta lotta PC to pull that one off.  This would be easier if it wasn’t wifi. Wifi splits in a different way, and the software controller appears to assume to only want to be connected to one camera.  This may just not work.  Video has to stream unimpeded if you don’t want hitches.  Security cams do it by having a very low resolution.  This sounds like a complicated thing to set up and make reliable before the fact.  Testing at the event sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.