WHEA related system reboots

Go to solution Solved by lafrente,

If you have all those parts it's gonna be an easy troubleshoot. But I believe it is the processor.

TL;DR my new system accumulates WHEA errors and eventually reboots.  

System

Ryzen 5800x

Gigabyte X570s Aorus Master

32GB Crucial Ballistix MAX 4000Mhz (4x8gb) (single rank which I heard this combo could be good)

WD Black SN850 SSD

The Issue

Originally I was trying to get my mem, IF and mem controller to get 1:1 ratios, so 2000mhz each.  Things seemed fine in benchmarks but then playing rust with some friends I started getting random reboots.  I started tweaking things thinking that maybe I got some bad silicon, I ran memtest for a BIT (I need to rerun this for a longer period) and eventually I reset my bios and started from scratch.  At first things seemed fine running prime95 for instance I didn't see any whea errors occur so I kept gaming and then it seems like it started coming back worse and worse with random reboots and low and behold after doing a longer prime95 session I saw WHEA errors pile up.  

So running at stock what do I need to test in order to figure out what's failing?  I do have a spare 5600x sitting around, 32GBs of decent DDR4, a few GPUs and a mobo but I guess I just want direction on what to test first and the best way to test.

If you have all those parts it's gonna be an easy troubleshoot. But I believe it is the processor.

That was my thought as well.  Any specific things I should try to do in order to troubleshoot or just replace it and retry? 

10 minutes into prime95 and now WHEA issues, though the 5600x didn't like doing 1:1 ratios which I sort of expected to be the case.  As long as it's stable though I'm happy.

I think its gonna be stable. You'll just see those errors in event viewer and probably in hwinfo, if you keep it running for a bit.

Did you try the other processor or fix the problem?

Yeah, like I said I swapped the CPU shortly after the first post and after testing the 5600x for an hour no issues so I think that was the issue.  Started an RMA process with AMD.   I guess I was just worried it was going to be more complex than it actually was.  Thanks for the reassurance.