Validate my parts list for a gaming PC

Budget (including currency): USD 2200-2300 (Including monitor)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (AAA 1440p games and also eSports games like CSGO) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current tentative parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RYnXv3

My friend is building a gaming PC that can run AAA games at max settings and also get very high FPS in CSGO/Valorant. Does this list look good? Also monitor is not finalized, something with good refresh rate for gaming and good picture quality for movies (1440p + 27/32 inch).

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GXP7Tn

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z690M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING AMP Holo Video Card  ($892.96 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  ($349.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $1845.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-23 17:19 EDT-0400

Better computer in every way for less. If you feel like it add a 3080 or something in there.

Don't fall for the max settings trap it's bs, costs a BUNCH of performance and there is barely a visual difference if even.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Motherboard: ASRock Z690M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING AMP Holo Video Card  ($892.96 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Better computer in every way for less. If you feel like it add a 3080 or something in there.

Don't fall for the max settings trap it's bs, costs a BUNCH of performance and there is barely a visual difference if even.

The advantage of the 12600k over the 12700f IMO, is that the core count is already so high on these CPUs, that paying an extra $100 for a 12-core over a 10-core isn't worth it, especially as the 2 cores you'd be paying the most for are going to be the 2 least used cores (read: those cores will never get used), while the higher clock speed are gonna eventually matter more for keeping games running at the refresh rate with a 170Hz monitor.  Also, since you're in the U.S., Try to get your MoBo and CPU at microcenter.  They often have the 12600k $30, and its regular price is still only $250 there.  They'll also give you a $20 discount on your motherboard if you buy it with your CPU. They'll have open box GPU's for a small discount at times, too.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

22 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

The advantage of the 12600k over the 12700f IMO, is that the core count is already so high on these CPUs, that paying an extra $100 for a 12-core over a 10-core isn't worth it, especially as the 2 cores you'd be paying the most for are going to be the 2 least used cores (read: those cores will never get used), while the higher clock speed are gonna eventually matter more for keeping games running at the refresh rate with a 170Hz monitor.  Also, since you're in the U.S., Try to get your MoBo and CPU at microcenter.  They often have the 12600k $30, and its regular price is still only $250 there.  They'll also give you a $20 discount on your motherboard if you buy it with your CPU. They'll have open box GPU's for a small discount at times, too.

The price difference between 12600K and 12700F is only $40 now, thats why I decided for the i7. Besides, since I don't want overclocking getting a non-K CPU is not an issue if the base specs are good.

28 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

The price difference between 12600K and 12700F is only $40 now, thats why I decided for the i7. Besides, since I don't want overclocking getting a non-K CPU is not an issue if the base specs are good.

Do you live near a microcenter?  Also, the F has no iGPu, which isn't a big deal most of the time, but in the times where iit helps it REALLY help.  Take it from someone with a 1st gen ryzen, how much of a pain in the ass troubleshooting video issues is without an iGPU, as opposed to by boyfriends computer that has always been a breeze for me to work on.

No one overclocks anymore anyway, but the boost freq is gonna be higher.

Also, that $40 saved on a CPU that will objectively game better and be easier to potentially troubleshoot with could be half of the journey to better GPU. $40 here, $30 there, next thing you know you have a 3080 or 6900xt instead of a 3070, and now every game is gonna be a stable 170fps on that 1440p monitor.

I'd up to 32 GB of ram because AAA games have been hitting the top end of 16GB and DDR4 ram is relatively cheap at the moment. By the time you decide to upgrade, that might not be the case anymore as they ram up DDR5 production.

I'd go with a nicer SSD with a dram buffer. Some options for gen 3:

Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Western Digital) 
Storage: Team MP34 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($86.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($91.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 

gen 4 options:

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ GameStop) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Best Buy) 

here is the list:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=qdGJnQhttps://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=qdGJnQ, as you can see i hade a lot of changes, i added a aio cooler since the air coller you added was overpriced as hell, i also added a 32gb 3200mhz kit of ram and i also changed the gpu to a 3070 ti and it was only 40 more bucks than the 800 dollar 3070 that u added. You 650 watt psu was also too overpriced so i changed it to a 2021 corsair rmx 750w which was actually 15 dollars cheaper than ur original psu. Your monitor was eating up the budget so i got a much cheaper monitor with about the same specs so yeah. This will give waaayyy better performance and still is under 2300 bucks like you said.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

I like everything about that except that the case kinda sux at that budget and 32gb would be recommended for triple a gaming, also there are better. 3070 ti models for 60 bucks cheaper.

9 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Do you live near a microcenter?  Also, the F has no iGPu, which isn't a big deal most of the time, but in the times where iit helps it REALLY help.  Take it from someone with a 1st gen ryzen, how much of a pain in the ass troubleshooting video issues is without an iGPU, as opposed to by boyfriends computer that has always been a breeze for me to work on.

No one overclocks anymore anyway, but the boost freq is gonna be higher.

Also, that $40 saved on a CPU that will objectively game better and be easier to potentially troubleshoot with could be half of the journey to better GPU. $40 here, $30 there, next thing you know you have a 3080 or 6900xt instead of a 3070, and now every game is gonna be a stable 170fps on that 1440p monitor.

I've been using Ryzen 3700X for couple years and haven't had to troubleshoot any video issues. If I don't tinker with stuff and use everything mostly at stock settings I guess lack of iGPU shouldn't be an issue.

About the CPU I'll go see the price at microcenter and if there is a big difference I guess I'll stick with 12600K

8 hours ago, 4PcBuilder said:

I like everything about that except that the case kinda sux at that budget and 32gb would be recommended for triple a gaming, also there are better. 3070 ti models for 60 bucks cheaper.

The GPU is just a placeholder, I'll buy it from microcenter. RAM I also agree I should up to 32GB. What about the case though? If it looks good and allows enough airflow to cool everything then it should be fine right? I'll buy a couple case fans for the front and set the back and top included fans to exhaust that should be plenty airflow.

5 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

The GPU is just a placeholder, I'll buy it from microcenter. RAM I also agree I should up to 32GB. What about the case though? If it looks good and allows enough airflow to cool everything then it should be fine right? I'll buy a couple case fans for the front and set the back and top included fans to exhaust that should be plenty airflow.

Yeah its a fine case, people get up in arms about the wierdest things with cases tbh.

Check amazon for 5 packs of fans.  Arctic F14s are a great value and work really well for the money (and just in general).

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F14-Pack-Computer-ACFAN00233A/dp/B08S6MKRVN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3F8RGHLPWYYHX&keywords=arctic+f14+5+pack&qid=1648107699&sprefix=arctic+f14+5+pack%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-1

The 5 pack is only a dollar more than getting 3 individual ones, so you'll have a couple on deck incase you derp out and break one.

4 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Yeah its a fine case, people get up in arms about the wierdest things with cases tbh.

Check amazon for 5 packs of fans.  Arctic F14s are a great value and work really well for the money (and just in general).

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F14-Pack-Computer-ACFAN00233A/dp/B08S6MKRVN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3F8RGHLPWYYHX&keywords=arctic+f14+5+pack&qid=1648107699&sprefix=arctic+f14+5+pack%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-1

The 5 pack is only a dollar more than getting 3 individual ones, so you'll have a couple on deck incase you derp out and break one.

Should I go with 3 pin fans or PWM? Also which is better F14 or P14?

8 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

Should I go with 3 pin fans or PWM? Also which is better F14 or P14?

The P14s generate more static pressure, which is better for radiators.  The F14s have steeper blades to move air more quickly, which is better for airfllow.  The PWM is speed controller for the motor, but most motherboards can do this by altering voltage output so it's not as useful for airflow fans, as you'll usually have them at a set, constant speed, whereas radiator fans will constantly adjust speed as heat changes so the PWM is more useful.

I would buy the F14's without the PWM if I wanted o just save money, but there is no harm in getting the PWM one's if you think you'll use it.

4 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

The P14s generate more static pressure, which is better for radiators.  The F14s have steeper blades to move air more quickly, which is better for airfllow.  The PWM is speed controller for the motor, but most motherboards can do this by altering voltage output so it's not as useful for airflow fans, as you'll usually have them at a set, constant speed, whereas radiator fans will constantly adjust speed as heat changes so the PWM is more useful.

I would buy the F14's without the PWM if I wanted o just save money, but there is no harm in getting the PWM one's if you think you'll use it.

Is it a good idea to set the case fans at a constant RPM or should I make them follow a fan curve based on CPU temp?

7 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

Is it a good idea to set the case fans at a constant RPM or should I make them follow a fan curve based on CPU temp?

You'll generally want them already pumping more air than usual to kep things cool, as there are a lot of components on your motherboard that rely on passive cooling independent of CPU temps, so generally you want your airflow fans flowin at the highest sped you'll tolerate noise-wise.  

Personally, I just set my case fans to flow at 100% all the time as the air purifier in my office is already way louder than a dinkly little case fan could ever bee, so the white noise cover sit up.  If you need it quiet you could curve it to have like a 50% baseline that increases after CPU temps hit a certain threshold, the only thing is, your GPU usually gets way hotter than your CPU and a lot of controllers and/or motherboards won't be able to curve with the GPU, so it would be innacurate anyway.

So yeah, I'm in the camp of just let them run full speed,  I've had mine going full speed 24/7 for years and they're still totally fine.  Newer bearing designs last aeons beyond obsolescence.  They're never really that loud and it becomes quiet white noise very quickly.  If you have speakers playing any kind of game noise or a headset you'll never hear em.  And the F14s are pretty quiet anyway.

5 hours ago, AncientPistol said:

Yeah but if it’s a placeholder then why not just order a 3070 ti they are around that 800 dollar range rn 

5 hours ago, AncientPistol said:

Just get a Corsair 4000x or 5000x they are very good cases and both come with 3-4 rgb fans, but I recommend the build that I sent because that’s the best performance at that price point.

21 hours ago, 4PcBuilder said:

The 3070ti I had added on that day was the cheapest. It changes day to day so basically buy whatever is cheap :p.

The case is a very good case and also again on that day a lot of cases weren't available or prices were wack so just added the p300a which is a solid case and now again much cheaper. Plenty other airflow options available.

32ram sure if op feels like it.