Shit monitor allows output of resolution more than what it said on the box.

VirusDumb

So my dad had a accident while using your family pc, and the monitor died, it was a 21 inch AOC 1336x768p monitor, it was one of the best 768p monitor I ever used, R.I.P. to that, my dad randomly ordered a monitor, it's  some 15 inch cheap monitor from a company called "Enter"(which so unheard of that I had to click the second O of google's search to find their website), but most horrifyingly its 4:3. So I set it up and it's shit, the screen was blurry, has a reflective gloss finish so it's hard to see thing on it when the room is bright, and sometimes when there are objects on screen which are in contrast of the background, they leave behind a white trail, but the main issue is, the box on it which it came with said it's a 15 inch 1024x768 monitor, but for some reason while setting up the drivers, they all go up to 1600 x 1200, which was quite confusing, so I went on their web site https://www.enter-world.com/ to check the details, but this particular model E-MO-A05 does'nt show up on their site, i tried searching about it and i could only find shopping links of it which said "Full HD" in the place of resolution, creating more confusion, currently I'm using the monitor on 1280X960 as, going any higher makes the icons small and hard to see, but the thing is why? how is this dispkaying outputs higher than the box said it could? is it just a driver glitch or is it legit capable of 1600x1200?

Not uncommon, the display is 1024x768 but the monitor will be able to take higher input resolutions and scale down to 1024x768, making everything blurry in the process.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

32 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Not uncommon, the display is 1024x768 but the monitor will be able to take higher input resolutions and scale down to 1024x768, making everything blurry in the process.

but the screen looks less blurry in higher resolutions, 768p look sort of pixelated

24 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

but the screen looks less blurry in higher resolutions, 768p look sort of pixelated

Weird, because yeah I play apex on 900p low settings, My monitor is upscaling the resolution to 1080p and that makes it blurry, anything else above it is still basically Upscale -> Downscale, It is when you go lower it gets blurry but when you go higher it usually is sharpening, the pixels remain the same of your monitor though yeah 

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

18 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

So my dad had a accident while using your family pc, and the monitor died, it was a 21 inch AOC 1336x768p monitor, it was one of the best 768p monitor I ever used, R.I.P. to that, my dad randomly ordered a monitor, it's  some 15 inch cheap monitor from a company called "Enter"(which so unheard of that I had to click the second O of google's search to find their website), but most horrifyingly its 4:3. So I set it up and it's shit, the screen was blurry, has a reflective gloss finish so it's hard to see thing on it when the room is bright, and sometimes when there are objects on screen which are in contrast of the background, they leave behind a white trail, but the main issue is, the box on it which it came with said it's a 15 inch 1024x768 monitor, but for some reason while setting up the drivers, they all go up to 1600 x 1200, which was quite confusing, so I went on their web site https://www.enter-world.com/ to check the details, but this particular model E-MO-A05 does'nt show up on their site, i tried searching about it and i could only find shopping links of it which said "Full HD" in the place of resolution, creating more confusion, currently I'm using the monitor on 1280X960 as, going any higher makes the icons small and hard to see, but the thing is why? how is this dispkaying outputs higher than the box said it could? is it just a driver glitch or is it legit capable of 1600x1200?

A monitor is supposed to communicate it's capabilities to the GPU. It's part of all PC video connectors since VGA (D-Sub). It's technical term is EDID or Extended Display Identification Data isn't being sent. So your GPU goes, YOLO, and gives you everything that it supports given the connector. In your case, VGA I assume, because it stops at 1600x1200.

VGA being analog signal, the video processor inside will take all, and scale up or down to the LCD panel capabilities. Keep in mind that the signal needs to be aligned with the display. It's not digital signal, so the image might not be placed correctly 1:1 with the LCD panel pixel grid. Usually, monitors on VGA have the option to calibrate this, it could be a button or menu option. If not, then you need to manually adjust this in the monitor settings. It is a lengthy process to do, as you need sharp, non-smoothed out text all over the screen, and calibrate it yourself. Automatic mode also need the same style text all over the screen for the best results, but not required.

10 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Are you connected with VGA?

yes. (my pc doesn't have hdmi)

30 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

VGA I assume, because it stops at 1600x1200.

i don't get it, my older monitor which was better than this and also was connected through vga, could only go up to it's 1366x768p res, 

12 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

i don't get it, my older monitor which was better than this and also was connected through vga, could only go up to it's 1366x768p res, 

Again, your current monitor isn't sending it's EDID. Your old one, better one, did

44 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

yes. (my pc doesn't have hdmi)

41 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

VGA often has problems detecting monitor resolution. Works on some monitors, not on others.