Expanding SD storage for Lineage OS on Raspberry Pi 3

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section.

In advance: I am an absolute non-Linux user (aside from having a non-rooted Android phone) and I am doing this for a friend. My Linux/Raspberry Pi knowledge is extremely limited. 

A friend wants a small and low power computer running Android so he can run some weird Android apps on it.

I was trying to follow this tutorial on how to install Android (Lineage OS) on a RPi3:

Everything works fine when I try to do things like the dude in the video does except for one problem. 

Balena Etcher writes the image on my 32GB SD card, but it only writes the 4 gigs or so that it needs for the OS. The remaining 28GB remain unallocated. 

When I get to the second video on installing GAppStore, I am always without storage because the 28GB are not allocated.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

You need to resize the data partition. In FAQ here

https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi3/LineageOS17.1/

read the answer for this question

Q: Settings -> Storage shows total system size of 7 GB. There’s unallocated space on my sdcard. What should I do?

Hi!

Thanks for the advice.

So, I tried it, and it seems like the zip successfully allocates storage space, but I am still getting the error 70 when trying to install the GApps store. It seems to me like the zip expands the storage space but not the system space where GApps is trying to get installed. 

Also, if it is relevant, I am doing that on an older version (Lineage OS 16), so I used the zip for storage expansion for that older version.

Do you think I might have more immediate success by trying to install the newer OS version but doing the rest the same as the guy in the video?

Thanks! 

(And sorry if my terminology is wrong, I'm really not a Linux user and this is all very new to me so I really rely on video instructions and step-by-step explanations)

Not 100% sure but the issue might be related to order of operation more than anything.

Since Android is a mobile OS I would guess its probably not equipped to deal with internal storage amounts that change post install since on a phone it would be impossible for the end user to upgrade internal storage.

IIRC many of the custom Ras Pi OSes will expand the storage partition before installing anything so the OS will detect the full amount instead of the shrunk amount.

Try reflashing the OS using Etcher then grab something like GParted or Easus Partition Manager and expand the 4GB partition to fill the entire card before you plug it into the Pi and install.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)