Does my aio need repasting and are my temperatures abnormal

HalfMouldyBread
5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Preliminarily, that's definitely explaining things a bit. I would expect to see closer to 4.4-4.5Ghz all core. Perusing the 5900x Cinebench R23 score threads on reddit, for stock, you're looking at ~19000 points or so. PBO enabled and some curve optimizer tweaking it should be in the 22000 range. 

Even without an overclock / overvoltage? So you just mentioned (and I updated my response) that iCUE and Armory Crate are not to be trusted. Armory is hanging steady at 60-62C, iCUE reports 71-73C package temp, 30-32C from thermal probes in the CPU cooler. So is there any known offset by which these should be regarded? And is HWinfo part of Win10, or is this a download I can get elsewhere?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

With Armory Crate removed, it did a little better than you thought it would, but I learned something tonight about CPU package temp vs "CPU temp". Why do they even bother with that? I ran an HWinfo log, question is, how the data should be interpreted. GSpark, feel free to PM me. OP, sorry to derail your thread. Seems like we might be running about neck and neck though after running HWinfo.

image.thumb.png.4a587555c5ec7cf3f78192f1caafe092.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

OP, sorry if I jacked your thread earlier, but conversations wander. After using HWinfo, apparently my previous data wasn't accurate or reliable. But your temps aren't that far off, as using HWinfo, my system hovers at 60C-61C after 'idling' several hours. FWIW, that's with my video editor is open, but not doing anything. Screenshot shows temps 3-4 minutes after closing all apps. I haven't had a chance to view more accurate data through HWinfo running Cinebench just yet. However, @GuiltySpark_told me that just because your apps aren't doing anything doesn't mean the CPU is truly idle.

These are my temps at idle per HWinfo:

image.thumb.png.ac4cb78505ce5f398fc23502fc4f17f4.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!