YouTube Comment Giveaway Scam Going On.

AviatorAddis

That is a scam. Linus Tech Tips does not giveaways in the comment section, the account that posted that message is not the real Linus Tech Tips account. LTT will not contact you via Whatsapp/Telegram/etc.

These scams are extremely common on Youtube. It's best not to engage with them at all. Report the comment on Youtube.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I had this comment too on one of my comments on a Bitwit video. They changed their name too so they are probably doing this on a lot of channels. You can also see it's fake when you go to their channel. If it was real they would've let you know in a different way, but not in a YouTube comment.

Best is just to report the comment to yt and ignore it. 

Screenshot_2022-03-18-16-10-13-49_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329__01.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-18-16-10-20-00_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329__01.jpg

It's 10000% a scam and the fact people fall for it is kind of sad =/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I got one from someone impersonating jerryrig, and they asked for full details, and wouldn’t let me lead them on. He keeps changing his profile tho and telegram isn’t rlly the place for reports to work…

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

Been happening on every popular channel for quite a while. Got some as well.

image.png.31f63f7ed35805ff54639c97f523adc0.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

They are so obvious, one needs to be like first time opening internet to fall for it. These couple have just logo to go with. Rest is pure text to get hopes up. Quality of spam has gone so much down in recent years....

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

They are so obvious, one needs to be like first time opening internet to fall for it. These couple have just logo to go with. Rest is pure text to get hopes up. Quality of spam has gone so much down in recent years....

Sir, please let me explain to you about your cars extended warranty and how it expires soon!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

Sir, please let me explain to you about your cars extended warranty and how it expires soon!

We have so much fun with those calls at work.

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

From what i can see it has gotten less worse in the last month or so.

mainly because of ThioJoe's anti-spam-bot which many creators can use for free to remove all spam.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝