Excessive ram usage

Nick Neuburg

I've been having an issue where my almost half of my ram (32gb) is being used. Its a reoccurring issue that happens every couple of months. I reset my computer each time which fixes it though I've never tried the full reset, just the one where I keep my files.

Any help is appreciatedimage.png.876335f1a9f53fb78c3df6037caa4323.png

Task Manager > Startup Tab

Share a screenshot. Likely just a dirty system with a ton of crap and utilities installed. A full windows wipe/reinstall using a bootable USB installer will do you wonders. Corsair software already looks like a bit of a disaster. 

Corsair software is remarkably bad, like, truly impressively bad on RAM

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

5 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Share a screenshot. Likely just a dirty system with a ton of crap and utilities installed. A full windows wipe/reinstall using a bootable USB installer will do you wonders. Corsair software already looks like a bit of a disaster. 

Well it's 700mb, not the thing that's wrong.

13 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

Well it's 700mb, not the thing that's wrong.

We can't help you if you don't help us. I don't know what you're talking about but what stands out to me is nearly 900MB being used by a corsair service, and that's likely just the tip of the iceberg. Since i'm not sitting in front of your PC myself, best I can do is have you show me the first things I'd look at when diagnosing a system like this and that's see what is set to startup with Windows so.. again...

Share a screenshot. 

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

We can't help you if you don't help us. I don't know what you're talking about but what stands out to me is nearly 900MB being used by a corsair service, and that's likely just the tip of the iceberg. Since i'm not sitting in front of your PC myself, best I can do is have you show me the first things I'd look at when diagnosing a system like this and that's see what is set to startup with Windows so.. again...

Share a screenshot. 

I'm telling you. It's not that.image.png.fdd80c9f08a74dc016f5c08dd36257e8.png

Those enabled things that are shown are the only ones.

Consider that Task Manager, the new one (Win8 and newer), doesn't actually show you how much OS itself is using. What I remember from Win7, Windows itself uses 3-5 Gb at any given time. Software and other processes you see on Task Manager are on top of that. So you are seeing like 3 gigs just in that one screenshot. In my current situation, I also have iGPU taking 512Mb. Browsing tabs, just stuff my account using totals in 1400Mb. So in my current case, that would be 512+1400+Windows = 6.6Gb. Which makes sense.

Additionally, system does reserve RAM which can also cause funky readings in Task Manager. So unless you can certainly say you are having issues with software you need not getting enough RAM, then we can talk about having some problem. But RAM being used and everything working as it should is not really worth of time to investigate further. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv