Bad Internet Connection on Manjaro

Go to solution Solved by flydo,

Well thanks for your help, but it works now. idk why, but it doesnt really matter.

This could be an easy fix but searching for Solutions Online is an absolute Pain in the Butt. Speedtest reports a 3600ms ping(consistent thru several tests) and an Up and Download rate less than 1Mbps(I have a 200Mbps line). I already renewed my IP address from the DHCP server but no luck. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I Dual Boot Windows and have no problems getting full speed there.

Screenshot_20220317_131530.png

If you haven’t done one already doing a speed test with something else on that line just to make sure it’s not an ISP thing and you’re messing with box configuration for no reason might be in order.  Needs to be on that line as there could be a cable issue that is causing it.  Not low speed but lots of dropped packets

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Does a Speedtest in Windows on the same machine count as a Speedtest on the same line?
I did the Speed Test again in Firefox and there it reported normal speeds and ping, but the websites still load very slow.
The last 20min tried to install dropwatch but i have issues building it.

Besides doing the speedtest in Windows I also tried installing a Steam Game, but that was slow too.

Well thanks for your help, but it works now. idk why, but it doesnt really matter.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, flydo said:

I already renewed my IP address from the DHCP server but no luck.

I mean I can see why you'd think that would work, but you already had a connection...

SO anyways, this looks like an ethernet connection, don't mind if I intrude but I've looked up a few things. First off where you only testing against speedtest.net or were you using other speed test services as well? Speedtest.net has proven to be awefully deceptive and picky about what OS's it displays results for in the past. Did you check speeds on the local network?

3 hours ago, flydo said:

I'm pushing some patches to networkmanager, so to me it actually kinda does...

I actually didn't use any other speedtest services, speedtest.net was always my go to. I didnt really checked speeds on local network, I could have pulled some vids from my local server, but thats to late now. Just today the switch for current in the wrong path (no idea whats its name in english) flipped of, and after that everything worked just fine again. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Edit: kinda stupid, but could u tell me what package has the ping Tool?

7 minutes ago, flydo said:

I actually didn't use any other speedtest services, speedtest.net was always my go to. I didnt really checked speeds on local network, I could have pulled some vids from my local server, but thats to late now. Just today the switch for current in the wrong path (no idea whats its name in english) flipped of, and after that everything worked just fine again. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Edit: kinda stupid, but could u tell me what package has the ping Tool?

ping is part of the GNU core utilities it's in the coreutils package for manjaro