Plug PC directly into wall outlet instead of power strip?

Whateverchan
34 minutes ago, Whateverchan said:

You think it's possible that I am so unlucky that AMD sent me another defective Cpu?

It's almost certain that your first cpu wasn't defective to begin with. It's such a rare thing that its the last possible thing you would check in troubleshooting.

2 in a row would literally be like winning the Powerball while being struck by lightning.

For what it's worth, in the first case, motherboard has a red light that indicates CPU has a problem. It could barely boot up. Second one has no red light on mobo, and can at least stay on longer. A chain of issues. Devine intervention on me?

I don't know, sheesh, what a mess.

So... an update for those who are curious:

I took it to a repair shop on Monday, and got it back this afternoon. The guy swapped out the RAM, and confirmed that they are not the problem. GPU is fine, too. Disconnected the case fans; uninstalled MalwareBytes and Classic Shell (because they were trial versions which could possibly cause issues; I doubted, but whatever), reinstalled and updated some drivers and bios. He didn't swap out the CPU, but said the screws for the cooler were a bit loose so he tightened them up. After two days of testing, he didn't get any restart anymore. So I took it back and I'm testing it. Left it at home, let some videos play, then got back to work. Hope it's still working fine... $95 total.

Now, I'm sure I was not supposed to screw in the screws too tight, or it could bend the motherboard. I asked and he said they shouldn't be completely tight, but they were a bit loose so he tightened them a little more. I don't think they could have been loose enough to cause an issue like this. And that somehow affected the CPU...? How weird. I'd understand if the CPU was overheating, but it wasn't. So $95 and two weeks of agony because I was too dumb to tighten the screws all the way in? There better not be another issue, lol. That's a fair price, is it?