Correct airflow for my case

Babusca

Hello, i'm new here, so I salute you.

I got a dilema with my PC case.. how to make a correct airflow

I got this case; https://deepcool.com/product/case/2019-08/9_11901.shtml

In present I put 3x120mm Arctic in front (3 yo vents), 2x140mm in the roof (1 bequiet! 140mm and 1 arctic 140mm) and 1 in the back 120mm (arctic old)

SO i want to buy 3x140mm for front, 2x140mm roof and 1x120mm back. I want to go with 5x140mm Arctic P or F series and 1x120mm P/F for back.

Somebody tells me if I put 2x140mm in the roof the first one closest to the front will pull out the air faster than will be going to CPU cooler. Maybe going to 3x140mm front, 1x140mm top and 1x120mm back is better than full 6 vents on case (3x140 F, 2x140 T, 1x120 B)?

Which way is better?

If you're going to put fans in the top, only put it as far back as you can directly over your CPU cooler, otherwise you will be hurting cooling performance as it will indeed end up pulling out fresh air before it has a chance to reach the CPU cooler. 

According to the product page, you can only do 2 140mm fans in the front, not 3. 

image.png.4930719e40afaddaab1493fbe14d02a8.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah, my bad, I read wrong on the case specs.

So, I think about 3x120mm front, 1x140 top and 1x120 back. What series from Arctic to use for front, top and back? My pc has a stander and is situated on the ground (carpet)

PS; I have RX570 4GB and i5 11400F, both has good temperatures right now (for CPU I use ID Cooling SE 234 ARGB and MX 4 paste)

Edit; I got 1x140mm bequiet new few days ago, maybe using this alone in top, and purchase 4x120mm new from arctic for front and back or is better to replace even the bequiet vent? 

Sorry for this mess in my typing

5 minutes ago, Babusca said:

Yeah, my bad, I read wrong on the case specs.

So, I think about 3x120mm front, 1x140 top and 1x120 back. What series from Arctic to use for front, top and back? My pc has a stander and is situated on the ground (carpet)

PS; I have RX570 4GB and i5 11400F, both has good temperatures right now (for CPU I use ID Cooling SE 234 ARGB and MX 4 paste)

You don't need to go over the top with fans unless you want to for aesthetic reasons. Neither one of those components is exactly a flamethrower. You'd be fine with the tried-and-true "two in, one out" method of cooling if we want to keep noise down.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The noise is not a problem xD i want to go for 5 vents, but idk which of P/F series is better for front and back (and if is good to replace bequiet from top with a p/f series).

Summer my room is very hot, like 30-35 degrees (I dont use very often the air conditioner for health reason, and the room is small)

If you're trying to decide on Arctic fans, then check out this channel on YouTube - they compare many Arctic fans.

The latest they reviewed was the Bionix P120, which performed better than the P12 series.

But the video shows comparison graphs between many Arctic fans, so it may be of help to you.

image.thumb.png.9934c37ecd79b0a185d467c3159e8efc.png

The P series fans are newer and better than the F series. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey guta, thanks! I put 3 new x120mm in front P series, and 1 the back.

I need to choose another 140mm for top, my bequiet 140mm doesnt have PWM. Should I go for P14 for top? 

20 hours ago, Babusca said:

Hey guta, thanks! I put 3 new x120mm in front P series, and 1 the back.

I need to choose another 140mm for top, my bequiet 140mm doesnt have PWM. Should I go for P14 for top? 

Most likely you dont even need it. Could even buy sound dampening matt and close it off to force more air out under the gpu.

If you want to populate all your fan spaces, I'd do 3 front intake, top front as intake and top rear as exhaust, and 1 rear exhaust. This will give you positive pressure and give good fresh airflow to the CPU and GPU.

I suffered higher higher CPU temps with two top exhaust fans when my GPU was under load. Hot air from the GPU gets pulled up to the CPU cooler. I switched my front top fan to intake and GPU temps stayed the same while CPU dropped close to 5C. For reference I have 2 front intake, 2 side intake, 1 bottom intake, 1 rear exhaust and 1 each intake/exhaust on top.