Windows 11 Microsoft account bypass

So after watching the 4th March 2022 Wan show's chapter "Windows requirement to log-in bypassed" where Luke describes using command line stuff to tell Windows to continue, I felt it necessary to post an even simpler bypass that I use at work.

Step 1: Get to the point in the first time setup where it asks to connect to the internet
Step 2: Connect an ethernet cable from your router/access point/etc. Use a USB to ethernet adapter if needed.

Step 3: Continue the setup until it asks for a Microsoft account

Step 4: Disconnect the ethernet cable and click the "back" arrow in the top left.
Step 5: After a few seconds windows will present a "local account creation menu" and ask "who is going to be using this PC?"

Upon this point you can create a local account as normal. I assume this is a fallback option for when your building loses internet during setup. But I can't see it being removed as large businesses like electronics retail depend on the ability to set up computers ahead of time so the customer can pay extra for one that is already updated and ready to plug in and use right away.

This should be pinned.

I don't ever see myself going to Windows 11. I will legit be switching to Linux permanently. But to be fair, idk what the fuck I'm gonna do for the rest of my family, so this is hugely helpful. Thank you.

I've been working with Windows 10 Enterprise for the most part. But this definitely would be appreciated the next time I have to setup a computer for someone. 

Technically this also works with wifi, but with no way to go back to the wifi screen and seeing as most laptops these days don't have a keyboard/hardware toggle for wifi, you'd need to physically walk away from your network, which could be to the end of the street. Which isn't ideal.

… or you simply press Shift + F10 to open command promt (cmd) and enter OOBE \bypassnro 🙂

edit: looks like this works only on latest insider builds/22H2.

Edited by Lsx285

23 hours ago, Lsx285 said:

… or you simply press Shift + F10 to open command promt (cmd) and enter OOBE \bypassnro 🙂

edit: looks like this works only on latest insider builds/22H2.

Yeah, the ethernet method works on bascially all versions, including Windows 11 in S-Mode. Where using basically any exe (including command line) is banned until you sign in and go to the MS store with a MS account

But for 11S you'll basically want to do a full wipe and reinstall using a install USB with secure boot disabled. (it might boot and install with SB enabled but it'll reinstall S mode unless you disable SB)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, Ratgrot said:

Technically this also works with wifi, but with no way to go back to the wifi screen and seeing as most laptops these days don't have a keyboard/hardware toggle for wifi, you'd need to physically walk away from your network, which could be to the end of the street. Which isn't ideal.

Or just temporairly power off the router, should be easier than trying to wrun away from range

• 6 months later...

Turns out the new 22H2 version of 11 "fixes" this. If your internet is disconnected before passing through the MS account step, windows goes "Hey yer internet died, please reconnect to continue. Get rekt"

Fortunately there's another way:
enter "user" as the email

enter literally anything, even a single letter as the password

It'll have a fit and say there's "something wrong with your microsoft account" and then give up and let you setup a local account.