(Video) GPU fan ramps up for a sec AFTER bios splash screen and goes quiet BEFORE windows sign in.

System specs:

GPU: RX 5700 XT Sapphire (stock)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600

Motherboard: A320 pro vh plus

BIOS Version: E7B07AMS.3E0

RAM: 16GB Vulcan TUF Gaming Alliance 3200mhz OCed

PSU: SeaSonic s12II bronze 520w

Case: Tecware Nexus M

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 Pro latest

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 2020 version 21.9.2 (current) 

Chipset Drivers: (I am sorry I do not know)

Background Applications: none(?)

Please read through the post carefully

A video is provided for better understanding of the problem

Link to video: https://youtu.be/_arenJbamhY

(at the 10th second, you can slightly hear a sudden sound like a vehicle moved past)

----For anyone who is reading this message. It's fine if you comment any time. Don't mind the date. I just would like to hear from other people who is also experienceing this issue----

My past driver was 21.9.1 but there was an issue with the frequent brightness changing of the videos I am watching so I tried to update it to 21.10.1 and saw the problem (changing of brightness) was not appearing that frequently and after a few days, I have been having issues about crashing with 21.10.1 so I tried 21.10.2 but same thing so I updated to 22.1.2 just to see if the driver would time out but there weren't any signs. So another problem came up after I updated to 22.1.2, I saw that whenever I restart my system the taskbar would go transparent and that wasn't happening with older drivers, so I used DDU and reinstalled 22.1.2, but just after I configured my fan settings and restarted the computer, I GOT JUMPSCARED because of the fan went suddenly loud after the BIOS splash screen and goes quiet before the windows loads up. This now happens whenever I restart or shutdown and start the system. So I rolled back to 21.10.2, but the problem did not went away.. I didn't know what to do that time. BUT I already faced this problem two years ago, I fixed it by Restoring windows to a "save point" (it's a feature) and the problem went away.

But instead of doing that, I called my friend to help me out and reinstall a new OS on the SSD I'm using. So we reinstalled a new OS and installed a driver but after restarting the system, the problem did not go away. So out of frustration, I did my method back from two years ago but while on the process, the system did a bsod for only a second and it would restart again (my guess it's a corrupted OS and started to boot loop) so we reinstalled a new OS again but this time, it's on my HDD. So we installed there and installed a driver and restarted. Unfortunately the problem was still present even with the OS being inside the HDD instead of the SSD. So we just reinstalled a new OS to the SSD but this time, I installed the 21.9.2 driver (the driver with frequent changing of brightness). So I tested something after installing the driver. What if I try not to set a custom fan curve and restart my system. So after the bios splash screen, we were shocked that there wasn't any loud fan noise for a split second before windows. So after the restart, I tried setting my custom fan curve using the 21.9.2 driver, restarted the system and boom. The problem showed up but this time it's a bit more quiet. That's pretty annoying to whenever I start my system it would always do that knowing that it does not do that before the 22.1.2 driver. I feel like the 22.1.2 driver broke my system.

I tried reinstalling the 22.1.2 (which showed this whole problem afterwards), tried older drivers before 22.1.2, clean install from SSD as my boot drive, clean install using the HDD as my boot drive, and it still shows the problem but there's a way to avoid that, by removing the custom fan curve. I still want to use the custom fan feature while not getting jumpscared every time after the msi splash screen shows up.

I'm currently using 21.9.1 and I still get the sound but it's more quieter. I feel like this does not happen before I reinstalled 22.1.2. I don't want to update my drivers because I'm scared that the sound will get much worse.

Please help me out guys.

If the sound persists during regular usage then you may have an issue,

But high fan speeds between boot and login are normal. My build idles at 37C but every fan on it whirrs to angry life for a second or two each time I turn it on. It's a fan/MB self check. Is there a reason it concerns you?

Frankly, all of the other issues you mentioned are the ones that concern me.

You know, the "taskbar transparency," "screen brightness," and "crashing?" Is your PC generally stable otherwise? Are you still having those issues after everything is done now?

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, NaClKnight said:

If the sound persists during regular usage then you may have an issue,

But high fan speeds between boot and login are normal. My build idles at 37C but every fan on it whirrs to angry life for a second or two each time I turn it on. It's a fan/MB self check. Is there a reason it concerns you?

Frankly, all of the other issues you mentioned are the ones that concern me.

You know, the "taskbar transparency," "screen brightness," and "crashing?" Is your PC generally stable otherwise? Are you still having those issues after everything is done now?

What I mean by taskbar transparency is the taskbar being much darker. The look is very similar to whenever I install a new driver (which just goes back to a typical blurry normal look of the taskbar after a system restart) but until I installed 22.1.2 and whever I restart my system, the taskbar would look the same as I installed a new driver (dark transparent). So I reinstalled the same driver using DDU and it still showed the same problem (This was later fixed by downgrading the driver) but also this is the time where I discovered a new problem which is the sudden GPU fan ramping up.

hardware accelerated videos has this random changing of brightness and it is noticable to the driver I'm using for the longest time (21.9.1) but it is not that noticable when using 21.10.1, 21.10.2, and 22.1.2. This is a random problem that just showed up last month. I also did some troubleshooting to this problem, by booting to my HDD which contains an older version of win 10 and gpu drivers (non 2020). It did not showed this problem after that.

Crashing just appeared when I was using the 21.10.1 and 21.10.2 and crashes for like 1-2 times a month and that's the reason why I installed 22.1.2 which I did not experienced any afterward (even in 21.9.1, I did not experienced any crashes). After the crash, it would show these adrenaline icons in my folders and deactivate my driver which eventually returns. I tried to open the driver and I noticed that the Performance, Auto Update, and Media features were missing. So I restarted the pc and it still doesn't show these features. The only way to make these features return is to reinstall the current driver or upgrade.

So in summary

21.9.1 - Random changing of brightness in hardware accelerated videos. (Driver I was using the longest time until this problem showed up)

21.10.1 and 21.10.2 - Less changing of brightness but very small chance for a driver crash

22.1.2 - Taskbar being dark transparent after a restart and maybe the cause of the GPU fan ramping up.

Yeah, I am aware of these problems and I feel like my pc is starting to give up. I just wanted a pc that I can still use before I graduate.

Not a problem. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The fan noise increase is right when it swaps between BasicDisplayAdapter mode and AMD Driver initialization/usage.

I wouldn't consider it a "problem" but an annoyance, the other issues, well... not my forte of experience so I won't comment.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ok guys. I acknowledge all your replies. So this problem seems normal.

It's just I think this problem wasn't happening before I reinstalled 22.1.2 using DDU. Or it was happening already and I am just not noticing it because right now it seems pretty quiet unless I really listen to the pc in a very quiet room.

Feel free to comment on this post any time you want. I still have other issues besides the one posted in the title.