Wifi connection issues

Samdb
Go to solution Solved by Samdb,

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.....!!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!!!ONE!!1

The only thing I had to change was the channel, now everything works. I had to reset my phone to factory settings to figure this out.

I'm having issues connecting to my wireless network with my phone (Nexus 5). No matter what I do, set it with a static IP I've even had @Nicholasmarzio take a look at it it refuses to connect. To top it all off I find out that someone manage to hack into it, making it an open network. Joy. It's now secure but I just can't connect, restarted, reset, everything.

Please help, I'm losing the will to live,

Sam.

No matter what I do, set it with a static IP I've even had @Nicholasmarzio take a look at it it refuses to connect. 

I would like to help but could you clarify on what you mean on the above sentence?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I would like to help but could you clarify on what you mean on the above sentence?

My router has my phones mac address, I've set it to a static IP of 192.168.0.5 and set it accordingly on my phone. When I try to connect it says "Connecting..." then simply goes back to "Saved, secured with WPA2" and doesn't connect to WiFi.

My router has my phones mac address, I've set it to a static IP of 192.168.0.5 and set it accordingly on my phone. When I try to connect it says "Connecting..." then simply goes back to "Saved, secured with WPA2" and doesn't connect to WiFi.

Ok. So could you try removing the static ip (just for now) and removing the WiFi's password to check whats causing the problem? After removing those try connecting and see what happens.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What do you need a static private IP for...? 

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6GHz • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FE @ 1683MHz •  16GB DDR4 @3200MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/QuintonAjStevens/

Is it just your network? or does this happen with others too?

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Sometimes it is as simple as restarting your phone, probably the first thing I do and it solves a lot of problems. Try resetting your settings, and turning the phone on and off. Then try reconnecting.

Sometimes it is as simple as restarting your phone, probably the first thing I do and it solves a lot of problems. Try resetting your settings, and turning the phone on and off. Then try reconnecting.

He's probably tried this if he has posted to the forum about it. 

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6GHz • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FE @ 1683MHz •  16GB DDR4 @3200MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/QuintonAjStevens/

Ok. So could you try removing the static ip (just for now) and removing the WiFi's password to check whats causing the problem? After removing those try connecting and see what happens.

Still the same, I've noticed that every time I try to connect, the signal drops and it's like I'm losing the signal every time.

That was the first thing I did...

Still the same, I've noticed that every time I try to connect, the signal drops and it's like I'm losing the signal every time.

did you reset the router as well?

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.....!!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!!!ONE!!1

The only thing I had to change was the channel, now everything works. I had to reset my phone to factory settings to figure this out.