yo

medar

Im currently middle school and I study computer-engineering. In the future I would like to learn javascript and find a job, how hard is it to learn and how hard would it be to find a job if you manage to learn it?

16 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Yo! You'll need a lot more than javascript to get a job.

for example

8 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

for example

Depends

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

31 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

Im currently middle school and I study computer-engineering. In the future I would like to learn javascript and find a job, how hard is it to learn and how hard would it be to find a job if you manage to learn it?

I think that JavaScript is an okay place to start. 

Personally, I think that Python is generally the best language to learn first, followed by C or C# (like @ELSknutsonsaid).

Getting a job in the field is going to require you to know much more than the syntax of a programming language. Understanding how every type of technology interacts with each other to result in a viable and usable application is paramount to you succeeding. At least in my opinion. 

Get the fundamentals down for now however. Utilize free information to augment what you are learning at school, get ahead of the curve, I wish that I had. 

Use: 

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

https://www.codecademy.com/

Start one of the free classes on this website, and go through each module. Take your time, and repeat it until you fully understand why you are doing what you are doing.

11 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

for example

Don't jump the gun, you're not close to getting a job quite yet, you've got plenty of time to figure that out. Utilize the people in your life to figure out what an actual job would consist of. Going to job or career fairs in the future, along with a good set of questions will allow you to learn more than you ever could from an internet forum. 

3 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

I think that JavaScript is an okay place to start. 

Personally, I think that Python is generally the best language to learn first, followed by C or C# (like @ELSknutsonsaid).

Getting a job in the field is going to require you to know much more than the syntax of a programming language. Understanding how every type of technology interacts with each other to result in a viable and usable application is paramount to you succeeding. At least in my opinion. 

Get the fundamentals down for now however. Utilize free information to augment what you are learning at school, get ahead of the curve, I wish that I had. 

Use: 

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

https://www.codecademy.com/

Start one of the free classes on this website, and go through each module. Take your time, and repeat it until you fully understand why you are doing what you are doing.

Im learning devC++ in school rn, is that good xD

1 minute ago, yagamilight said:

Im learning devC++ in school rn, is that good xD

That isn't a programming language, but a development environment (an IDE), something used to help connect the pieces of an application together. 

This also means that you are also already learning C or C++, depending. 

1 minute ago, connorkincaid said:

That isn't a programming language, but a development environment (an IDE), something used to help connect the pieces of an application together. 

This also means that you are also already learning C or C++, depending. 

I was told by my teacher that it was a programming language? 

2 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

I was told by my teacher that it was a programming language? 

It is the program that you are writing in. It is basically the tool you are using to apply your programming. 

Hi there.

Dev-C++ is an IDE for the C/C++ languages. Dev-C++ is definitely not a language in and of its own.

As for where to start - honestly, just learn something you want to learn right now. I started out scripting in PHP, building simple websites and web-based tools using PHP/Javascript. Any language will pretty much teach you the common basics of programming, ie critical thinking, defining features, testing, etc.

When you hone in on what you wish to do in the future, you can make a more informed decision. I eventually moved on to Embedded Systems, aka microcontroller firmware for electronics. We usually write code for that in C or C++. Each language has its purpose. Find out what you want to do with programming first, before you choose a language.

-> Moved to Programming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

It is the program that you are writing in. It is basically the tool you are using to apply your programming. 

But I am using the program Dev C++ to learn a programing language called C++ am I not? 

24 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

Hi there.

Dev-C++ is an IDE for the C/C++ languages. Dev-C++ is definitely not a language in and of its own.

As for where to start - honestly, just learn something you want to learn right now. I started out scripting in PHP, building simple websites and web-based tools using PHP/Javascript. Any language will pretty much teach you the common basics of programming, ie critical thinking, defining features, testing, etc.

When you hone in on what you wish to do in the future, you can make a more informed decision. I eventually moved on to Embedded Systems, aka microcontroller firmware for electronics. We usually write code for that in C or C++. Each language has its purpose. Find out what you want to do with programming first, before you choose a language.

I am asking if learning what I am learning rn, C++, is a good beginning for a programmer to find his career?

5 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

But I am using the program Dev C++ to learn a programing language called C++ am I not? 

Yes, however you can use either C or C++ within this IDE. Ask your teacher to know what language you're in. 

4 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

Yes, however you can use either C or C++ within this IDE. Ask your teacher to know what language you're in. 

he tells us we are learning C++ so I assume it is that one

14 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

I am asking if learning what I am learning rn, C++, is a good beginning for a programmer to find his career?

Like I already said; each language has its own purpose. C++ being a good starting point depends on what your career will be. Website designer? C++ is a horrible choice. Websites are built in PHP, Javascript, HTML. But if you wanna end up as a PC/Phone app or game designer? Yeah, I'd say C++ is a solid choice.

There's so many different types of programming, each requiring their own language or set of skills. It's hard to tell if you're making a good start, when you haven't figured out where you want to go.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question. C++ is as good a starting point as any other language to find your career path. It's a flexible language that will teach you the skills that you need, regardless of the language that you will choose later on. Once again, programming is much more than a language. Critical thinking, planning, are much more important than affinity with any one language.

2 minutes ago, yagamilight said:

he tells us we are learning C++ so I assume it is that one

I would assume. 

13 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

Like I already said; each language has its own purpose. C++ being a good starting point depends on what your career will be. Website designer? C++ is a horrible choice. Websites are built in PHP, Javascript, HTML. But if you wanna end up as a PC/Phone app or game designer? Yeah, I'd say C++ is a solid choice.

There's so many different types of programming, each requiring their own language or set of skills. It's hard to tell if you're making a good start, when you haven't figured out where you want to go.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question. C++ is as good a starting point as any other language to find your career path. It's a flexible language that will teach you the skills that you need, regardless of the language that you will choose later on. Once again, programming is much more than a language. Critical thinking, planning, are much more important than affinity with any one language.

The world of program is wide and vast. Everything from writing things in assembly to full stack development. A friend of mine works at Lexis Nexus and uses a wide berth of languages, especially common web languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, Java and java script in addition to C++, C# and a few others. The languages used even change depending on what he is trying to accomplish. 

Another friend does a lot of cyber security work. Lots of red teaming. Guy seems to know all kinds of different languages but mainly targets exploits. He explained it once, my head hurt. Guy also use to work for the army and was involved in "cybersecurity" is all he would tell me. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

It's not helpful to a middle school student to overwhelm with jargon. 

First off, good job on setting a goal and reaching out on how to achieve it. 

Second, I recommend narrowing down your goal. Do you want to make websites like this one? Do you want to make games? Do you want to make computer programs? Do you want to become a hacker? Or do you want to learn computer science where you learn cool algorithms like how to order a bunch numbers the fastest!

Javascript and c++ are tools that let you make and explore the topics I mentioned.