Making a PC for my birthday. Please tell me things I could do to make it better.

Budget (including currency): 1800 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft CSGO VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YKfKZw

There is a lot of things you can change to make this a much better overall computer.

1. Don't go last gen Intel unless you're getting it for practically nothing. Even if you don't care about the heterogeneous architecture, you can disable the -E cores and still have a faster CPU than the 10850k that's lower power.
  2. If you're gonna get an AIO, get a 360mm one, that way it actually outperforms a dual tower cooler. Otherwise I'd just get a good dual tower cooler like the Scythe Fuma 2 or NH-D15.
  3. Get a faster kit of RAM
  4. Don't get a DRAMless SSD, it will be much worse than an SSD with a DRAM cache. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D8LWXy

This should still be at budget but much much faster. If you'd rather save a bit of money, swap the CPU out for a 12600k(f) (it's still about the same multi core performance as the 10850k with much better single thread) and the cooler for a Scythe Fuma 2.

What price is that GPU? Might be better to get a 6700 XT if priced similarly, or 6600 XT/3060 if much cheaper.

Other than that go with Ronothan's advice

I should mention it is 1800 for the parts. I willing to spend alot on a gpu if i should switch the 3060 for a 3070 i will. Which ever is better

Budget (including currency):  1800-2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming Rendering VR and Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VPxLDq

Probably take some cost out of the monitor and put it into the actual build as 1080 at 240hz isnt really going to be happening in the future on a 6700. Be more reasonable and aim for 144hz at least

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

Probably take some cost out of the monitor and put it into the actual build as 1080 at 240hz isnt really going to be happening in the future on a 6700. Be more reasonable and aim for 144hz at least

Big agree, 

Next to essentially no one actually needs 240hz, unless they're into really competitive games. It is more of a nicety than anything else, as the difference between 144hz and 240hz is somewhat minimal in real world applications. 

Build looks good otherwise! You're not going overboard in any one area by any means. 

1 minute ago, connorkincaid said:

Big agree, 

Next to essentially no one actually needs 240hz, unless they're into really competitive games. It is more of a nicety than anything else, as the difference between 144hz and 240hz is somewhat minimal in real world applications. 

Build looks good otherwise! You're not going overboard in any one area by any means. 

Thanks for the help but what monitor do you recommend then?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  ($74.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 8 GB TUF GAMING OC V2 Video Card  ($748.99 @ Amazon) or ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Challenger D Video Card ($799,99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($111.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1885.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-03 14:53 EST-0500

Cheaper GPU with more features, cheaper CPU and board with better upgrade path without losing performance, better and cheaper PSU, cheaper RAM, better SSD and much better monitor. Also changed the cooler. If the current one is cheaper get that, but I can't find the price. If you don't care about RT you might just get the 6700 XT I recommended earlier as that should have slightly better performance for non ray tracing, otherwise the 3060 Ti is better.

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't make new thread for additions or changes. Its better to keep discussion in single thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv