can a PSU with 550w handle a i5 7400 and a gtx 780?

avram.2626262

can a PSU with 550w handle a i5 7400 and a gtx 780?

With 16gb 2444hz and 2 HDDs with 500gb.

yes 550W is enough to push those components

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It should be able to. The GTX 780 is a bit of a power pig, but the i5 7400 sips power like a cactus sips water, so it evens out.

You should be good as long as its a decent 80+ PSU and you dont have 30 fans and led's attached to it. 

i have some problems with my gpu i think

error code 43 and problems when I try to reinstall driver.

when I reinstall it red points and lines appear when I try to start pc, after that pc restarts and happens again. and after that my computer or another PC where I tested it moves slower the  before, and have the same issues. i tried all things that says about this problems on internet and nothing good.

i ve forgotten, i can't install drivers complet because I get black screen and disconnect.

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

You should be good as long as its a decent 80+ PSU and you dont have 30 fans and led's attached to it. 

my case and fans has leds attached.

2 minutes ago, avram.2626262 said:

my case and fans has leds attached.

That's fine as long as you don't have more then 4-5.  here's a break down of how much power your system will use  GTX780  340Watts, CPU  65Watts, Ram 6Watts, HDD's 3Watts, motherboard 40watts and each fan is about 3 watts with RGB.  So with 5 fans and everything listed you are running about 469 watts of power. Most power supply's say there wattage but there actual wattage can fluctuate based on input power, how efficient the PSU is and how clean the power coming in is.  So if its a cheaper or older PSU you may only get 420-450Watts  so you are right at the limit of a 550Watt psu but it should still work just fine. 

16 minutes ago, avram.2626262 said:

i have some problems with my gpu i think

error code 43 and problems when I try to reinstall driver.

when I reinstall it red points and lines appear when I try to start pc, after that pc restarts and happens again. and after that my computer or another PC where I tested it moves slower the  before, and have the same issues. i tried all things that says about this problems on internet and nothing good.

i ve forgotten, i can't install drivers complet because I get black screen and disconnect.

That sounds like a problem with the graphics card, not your PSU. What have you tried to do to fix it?

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

That sounds like a problem with the graphics card, not your PSU. What have you tried to do to fix it?

using ddu and reinstall driver, update drivers with windows update, all things with device manager like hardware detection and troubleshooting, update windows and reinstall it, trying to reinstall vbios but I couldn't because gives me error, updating bios and downgrade drivers, trying to clean but it's not dusty and all recomandations on different websites with topic error code 43. 

5 minutes ago, avram.2626262 said:

using ddu and reinstall driver, update drivers with windows update, all things with device manager like hardware detection and troubleshooting, update windows and reinstall it, trying to reinstall vbios but I couldn't because gives me error, updating bios and downgrade drivers, trying to clean but it's not dusty and all recomandations on different websites with topic error code 43. 

That's pretty thorough. I think the card may just be dying. It is almost a decade old.

Maybe someone else has some good ideas, but if you can afford it, I'd start looking for a new card...