A cheaper Moto G is on the way [with specs]

TopWargamer

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/04/18/specs-for-cheaper-version-of-moto-g-leaked/

moto-e-exclusivo-tecnoblog.jpg

When Motorola revealed the Moto G it completely changed our perception of what a budget smartphone could be. Now it looks like the company may be gearing up to offer an even cheaper handset. A new Motorola device was recently spotted by Brazilian site Tecnoblogafter passing through Anatel (the country’s FCC equivalent) to reveal a list of specs for the upcoming device.

As the article says, the cheaper Moto G will come in 3 variants, mode numbers: XT 1021, XT 1022, and XT 1025. "The first offers a single SIM card slot, while the second is a dual-SIM device and the third packs dual-SIM support and a digital TV tuner." All 3 variants include the same specs.

Specs (also listed in the above picture)

-4.3" display

-4GB of storage

-1.2GHz dual-core processor 

-1GB of RAM

-1,900mAh battery

-5MP camera

-2G and 3G connectivity

-Android 4.4

The article also mentions that a little while ago Motorola said that they had plans to work on a $50 smartphone, so maybe this is that $50 smartphone. Who knows.

COMIC SANS

best valey for money phone i think

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

No SD card slot? Come on! Other than that good for the price.

i'm a potato

I am just about to get a moto G

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I can't see this being someway game changing. Just another cheap budget phone.

I can't see this being someway game changing. Just another cheap budget phone.

You can't get a 4.3" screen for $50, or any of those specs. (if it ends up costing $50)

i'm a potato

Would be worth the buy for someone who can't dump $600 into the latest smartphones.

You can't get a 4.3" screen for $50, or any of those specs. (if it ends up costing $50)

from popular manufacturer. You could find something like that made by estar or prestigio. Or even some china company

You're better off with a Goophone of some sort.

Comb it with a brick

I am just about to get a moto G

get that

it has a better processor and its GOOGLE means updates i think*

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

get that

it has a better processor and its GOOGLE means updates i think*

It actually isn't google anymore, they've sold Motorala just after Moto G/X release. But anyways updates should be coming for a while.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

It actually isn't google anymore, they've sold Motorala just after Moto G/X release. But anyways updates should be coming for a while.

its written on there page a GOOGLE company :huh:

scroll to bottom

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

its written on there page a GOOGLE company :huh:

scroll to bottom

Fascinating ... Google sold Motorola to Lenovo end of 2013 :o. Maybe the purchase isn't completly finished yet?

Edit Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5358620/lenovo-reportedly-buying-motorola-mobility-from-google

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Fascinating ... Google sold Motorola to Lenovo end of 2013 :o. Maybe the purchase isn't completly finished yet?

Probably not. There's a lot of legal work to go through. Doesn't surprise me. 

COMIC SANS

maybe i guess becasue the advertisement has same thing on it

plus the salesmen in a electronic store won't stop saying that xD

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Probably not. There's a lot of legal work to go through. Doesn't surprise me. 

Yeah I'm aware of the legal work. But it's still interesting that Motorola still mentions it on their page when the purchase is confirmed by both CEOs and Lenovos CEO talked about his plans for Motorola in an interview 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I'm aware of the legal work. But it's still interesting that Motorola still mentions it on their page when the purchase is confirmed by both CEOs and Lenovos CEO talked about his plans for Motorola in an interview 2 weeks ago.

Well until the legal work is done, they're still a Google company. 

COMIC SANS

Well until the legal work is done, they're still a Google company. 

True that.

I think these are deigned for developing countries mainly. Countries such as India where dual sim phones are quite popular!

Pro tip: Everytime you see phones announced with Dual sims is probably for developing countries. For some reason that's a very clear giveaway and something other "rich" markets do not really value that much. 

And an even bigger giveaway is that TV functionality: that's most definitively an "emerging market" feature right there....for whatever reason.

-------

Current Rig

-------

At the bottom it says $R 599 and that is $US 267 for the dual-sim + tv tuner version. The Moto G in Brazil is arround $R 699 ($US 312) for the base 8gb model. So it is not that much cheaper but it is still a nice cheaper and smaller version of the moto g and i bet it is going to have the same popularity as the moto g in south-america (which has been a best seller).

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I would much, much rather have a 32gb Moto G tbh. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

I hope this is the future of phones.

This 1080/Snapdragon 801/20mp camera race has gotten way out of hand and made a good $100 phone impossible.