Spilled water down top of pc!

Go to solution Solved by K-mac,

Well I figure it out. After testing each slot with one ram stick I thought all my slots got shot when I reality the stick I was using is the issue. 3/4 sticks I have run with no issue. Everything boots and reads. Thanks all for the help. 

Cpu: ryzen 7 3800xt

Gpu: 5700xt

Motherboard: asus tuf x570

Ram: 32gb gskillz , 16 corsair ballistic 

Spilled water down the top of my pc. Hit my aio radiator and fell through on top of the gpu, RAM sticks and some even making it to the PSU. Immediately powered off and started pulling parts and drying. Got a little over zealous and powered it back up early and got no display signal and a solid orange light on the motherboards DRAM. Currently everything's out drying. I assume I'm screwed so what parts am I gonna have to replace? Or is this still salvageable? 

So you have all the parts installed and still no post?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

oh boy ... well you have to test each component one by one with the help of another system. From nothing to just the VGA to all can be the answer.

Was the PSU with fan top or down? If up, there is a chance for most dmg.

Let the parts dry.

Then make sure you connect all the power cables back where they should be. 

Then make sure you have a monitor connected to the video card. 

Only the parts that were splashed with water have a very low chance of failure, unlikely the motherboard or the CPU died.

Since the you saw the orange led on the dram focus there.... inspect the slots and make sure there's no water in the slots, there's no crap in the slots, inspect the memory sticks and make sure there's no damage to the contacts on the memory stick. 

Try with only one stick, try with the stick in various slots (maybe you damaged one slot but you could use the other slots and still have a working computer)

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Let the parts dry.

Only the parts that were splashed with water have a very low chance of failure, unlikely the motherboard or the CPU died.

Since the you saw the orange led on the dram focus there.... inspect the slots and make sure there's no water in the slots, there's no crap in the slots, inspect the memory sticks and make sure there's no damage to the contacts on the memory stick. 

Try with only one stick, try with the stick in various slots (maybe you damaged one slot but you could use the other slots and still have a working computer)

8 minutes ago, stage said:

oh boy ... well you have to test each component one by one with the help of another system. From nothing to just the VGA to all can be the answer.

Was the PSU with fan top or down? If up, there is a chance for most dmg.

PSU was fan down. 

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Let the parts dry.

I really hoping it's not the CPU but that's the one thing I haven't taken off to check. I'm letting it all dry over night and will test it in the morning then move onto testing parts individually. 

Killing parts with small splashes of water is pretty hard cause of protections built into them

I think i did that to my ds4p while taking off my garbage water block off it, ofc sprayed the socket with isopropyl alcohol to make sure thats not the problem and leaving it to dry for a day and it works fine, though i do have help from my pci debug card (basucally a post card with status leds), in my case water had hit the power delivery somewhere so it acted like there was no cpu installed telling by the status leds on my debug card and the obvious 00 aka board isnt even trying to post

You atleast have some idea of whats going on by the board leds but no postcode, just assume the board isnt trying to post cause usually when this happens they dont try to post (00).

If dram led is on then its either the power delivery to the rams or the rams themselves got hit by the water, let it dry for awhile and see what happens once you are sure its really dry, if dram is still on then i suggest dunking/spraying some 99% IPA on both cpu socket and ram slots to make sure theres no filth there and clean the gold ram contacts, if dram is still on after that then rams may be fked so dunk em in isopropyl for abit and see if you can revive them

9 hours ago, K-mac said:

Cpu: ryzen 7 3800xt

Gpu: 5700xt

Motherboard: asus tuf x570

Ram: 32gb gskillz , 16 corsair ballistic 

Spilled water down the top of my pc. Hit my aio radiator and fell through on top of the gpu, RAM sticks and some even making it to the PSU. Immediately powered off and started pulling parts and drying. Got a little over zealous and powered it back up early and got no display signal and a solid orange light on the motherboards DRAM. Currently everything's out drying. I assume I'm screwed so what parts am I gonna have to replace? Or is this still salvageable? 

Everything dry with one stick in. Still have the dram light on with no display to monitor.

16457170136925183772529046109154.jpg

1 hour ago, K-mac said:

Everything dry with one stick in. Still have the dram light on with no display to monitor.

16457170136925183772529046109154.jpg

Gpu fans do not spin on boot up. Is it dead?

Well I figure it out. After testing each slot with one ram stick I thought all my slots got shot when I reality the stick I was using is the issue. 3/4 sticks I have run with no issue. Everything boots and reads. Thanks all for the help.