No wonder they gave Dead Space away for free.

DeViLzzz
Go to solution Solved by DeViLzzz,

Here we go again ...

I saw somewhere it told me to turn on vsync for the game in Nvidia control panel and then have it off in the game. 

I hope this works.

You really need to play it with a controller. As impossible as it sounds, not all games are played best with a keyboard and mouse...

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

Shooters with controllers

Posted Image

Lol, ik ik. But dead space was designed for a controller unfortunately and it felt so slow and clunky without it. The cross hair literally followed the mouse movements with a delay a kin to consoles so it made no difference to the accuracy of the player.

You really need to play it with a controller. As impossible as it sounds, not all games are played best with a keyboard and mouse...

This does not solve game breaking bugs though like where you can't go through doors that you should be able to go through.  EA is disgusting for not having this patched by now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Dead Space ..... door bug ... 

I started the game again and no luck.  :S

No wonder they gave Dead Space away for free. This is absolute torture. The over the shoulder view is horrible and no matter what I do with mouse controls it just feels laggy and clunky. This would have been a heck much better as a 1st person shooter. EA this nice thing you did giving a game away is actually killing me. Anyone else hate Dead Space?

Can't be worse than gears of war the characters in that game move like cinder blocks under water.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

No wonder they gave Dead Space away for free. This is absolute torture. The over the shoulder view is horrible and no matter what I do with mouse controls it just feels laggy and clunky. This would have been a heck much better as a 1st person shooter. EA this nice thing you did giving a game away is actually killing me. Anyone else hate Dead Space?

go into the ini file and remove vsync or push it up to 60fps, the game is horrid in vanilla.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Can't be worse than gears of war the characters in that game move like cinder blocks under water.

At least in Gears of War I actually can move about the game and not be stuck in the early part of the game with an invisible door that just doesn't want to go away.

go into the ini file and remove vsync or push it up to 60fps, the game is horrid in vanilla.

I opened an ini file but not sure if it was the right one and I saw no way to remove vsync. In the game menus you can and I have done that when trying to play this but with vsync on or off I can't get through that stupid door. I am going to look for other fixes.

To get rid of the mouse lag, simply go to the ingame setting and disable vsync.....

As for the game, perhaps you guys who have commented are too used to the first person perspective. I found this game and Gears of War over the shoulder perspective to be pretty good. I found them to be excellent games actually.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

To get rid of the mouse lag, simply go to the ingame setting and disable vsync.....

As for the game, perhaps you guys who have commented are too used to the first person perspective. I found this game and Gears of War over the shoulder perspective to be pretty good. I found them to be excellent games actually.

Look at the main problem I am having. I can't get through an invisible wall in a ****ing doorway! This is beyond ridiculous! Forget the over the shoulder look right now and forget how slow the idiot moves. I can't even play this game cuz if the invisible wall doorway bug!

I love dead space, it is much better with a 360 controller though

I played it hooked up to the 42" tv in my room and found it best that way

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So it's not free anymore?

Here you go: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/on-the-house-ANW.html

It's part of their new "On The House" deals, where they will pick a random game to give for free for a period of time. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Here we go again ...

I saw somewhere it told me to turn on vsync for the game in Nvidia control panel and then have it off in the game. 

I hope this works.

Thanks everyone that tried to help. The problem is solved.

Update:

I really am enjoying the game now. In fact the movement issue is also resolved with this fix. Running and door issues gone for now.

I would take the game just because they are giving it away for free, even if I'm not playing it lol. I can't handle those jump scares.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

It's still free and will be until May 8

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/on-the-house-ANW.html

Just got it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The game itself is actually pretty good - it was the first game to bring back survival horror to the mainstream. Games like Outlast, Amnesia and Daylight wouldn't be around if it weren't made. The plot was nice and the fact Isaac is a "silent" hero makes it feel more like you are playing. I think the 3rd person perspective helps to make it feel almost like a nightmare - it's a similar view you would have in a dream. The game is best played on the hardest difficulty. Feeling helpless and having to use ammo sparingly add to the experience.

I played it on PS3 first and the controls were fine. This was a game originally designed for consoles. The devs knew the PC support was awful but that wasn't their target market.

I'm playing it again on PC and the controls are horrible, like you said. With vsync off the lag is gone, but the mouse sensitivity is stupidly low even on max. You can change it in the config file to be higher, but then if you open a menu your mouse goes racing across the screen... There's no middle ground unfortunately. When using a controller I get the same problem. I didn't "run" into the door bug though (get it? haha...).

The sequels are much better in terms of controls.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

The controls plain and simply suck.

I just couldn't play it

144Hz goodness