Confused between Glorious mice

Go to solution Solved by Deadpool2onBlu-Ray,
On 2/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, AdityaSaraf said:

So, I have been using a G502 for the past 4-5 years and last week I got hit with the dreaded double click issue on both my primary and secondary click buttons. I have been researching about mice and have found the Glorious Model D to fit my current needs. Although I am confused if i shoulld get the bigger Model D or the smaller D-. As  a reference, the G502 fits my hand perfectly and my hand dimeions are approx 170x80mm.

Side note: I have also found the ducky feather for the same price, the switches are from a brand I've never heard of so I'm not sure if i should consider that too.

I personally wouldn't get ANY glorious mice. Their keyboard stuff is decent, their mice have very poor QC. Grab the gpx superlight 

So, I have been using a G502 for the past 4-5 years and last week I got hit with the dreaded double click issue on both my primary and secondary click buttons. I have been researching about mice and have found the Glorious Model D to fit my current needs. Although I am confused if i shoulld get the bigger Model D or the smaller D-. As  a reference, the G502 fits my hand perfectly and my hand dimeions are approx 170x80mm.

Side note: I have also found the ducky feather for the same price, the switches are from a brand I've never heard of so I'm not sure if i should consider that too.

The D and D- have the same Omron switches that the G502 and all the other mice that start phantom double-clicking have. Glorious's marketing on this seems laughable, actually. 

If you want to have reasonable assurance of not running into the same problem again, you'll need to get a mouse with optical switches. 

The Ducky uses Huano switches, which I believe Zowie also used briefly on one of their mice and everybody complained they felt different so they went back to the same failure-prone Omrons. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

13 hours ago, Middcore said:

The Ducky uses Huano switches, which I believe Zowie also used briefly on one of their mice and everybody complained they felt different so they went back to the same failure-prone Omrons. 

Having recently moved to a Ducky Feather (with Huano's), one of the biggest +'s for me is the switches. They do feel different. I find the click very affirmative. I don't feel like there's any middle-ground with them, you can't accidentally click --- and you can't fail to click when you want to. It is a switch l have liked since the first time I experienced it.

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ͓  i7 6700k ͓  16GB DDR4-3200 ͓  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming

4 hours ago, Silent Node said:

Having recently moved to a Ducky Feather (with Huano's), one of the biggest +'s for me is the switches. They do feel different. I find the click very affirmative. I don't feel like there's any middle-ground with them, you can't accidentally click --- and you can't fail to click when you want to. It is a switch l have liked since the first time I experienced it.

I haven't tried Huanos myself, but I didn't say they were bad. It's easy to see how when every other gaming mouse brand had been using Omrons for years and years people would get so used to them anything different was perceived as bad, though.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

19 hours ago, AdityaSaraf said:

If you want to avoid double click uk g you’ll have to get optical switches. I like Razers version but a couple of others are doing it too 

On 2/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, AdityaSaraf said:

I personally wouldn't get ANY glorious mice. Their keyboard stuff is decent, their mice have very poor QC. Grab the gpx superlight 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface