Brand new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB running on PCIE 3 x2 instead x4!? Please help

MelonBite

Hello yall, so i manage to save money to get myself a nice speedy Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB today. But the problem is my 970 EVO Plus is running on PCIE 3 x2 instead 4 report by Samsung Magician and CrystalDiskinfo! Speed read and write are in 1700ish MB/s. Anyone knows how to fix this?! I have the 970 EVO Plus install in M2_1 slot underneath cpu. And according to the manual, that slot is for pcie 3 x4 nvme drive.

Windows 10

ASUS ROG Strix X470-F

Ryzen 7 3700x

RX 590

4 sata drives and 1 cd/dvd sata. Total is 5 sata devices.

Online manual here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/E14093_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Bios manual here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/E14020_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_BIOS_EM_WEB.pdf

firefox_8qTsjLaI6q.png.df5b8972ae438e55cce70e7fa911c206.png

firefox_sWeSH8bJPL.png

It seems like there are two m.2 ports what are you plugged into?

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

9 minutes ago, fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead said:

It seems like there are two m.2 ports what are you plugged into?

M2_1 slot for my 970 evo plus

3 minutes ago, System51 said:

Yeah when I had a B450 I had a port with x4 and one with x2 for the PCIe NVMe drives. You should check the manual of the mb.

I did check and it said right there m2_1 slot is pcie 3 x4.

1 minute ago, MelonBite said:

M2_1 slot for my 970 evo plus

I did check and it said right there m2_1 slot is pcie 3 x4.

Maybe change the slot to m2_2

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

18 minutes ago, System51 said:

Then there might be a setting you have to change. Could also be a thing with what else you have plugged in? Haven't looked at the manual yet. 
My old board was able to have 1GPU and 2NVMe and 1 SATA device that's it and the second M.2 could only run in x2 mode. Idk how that mb handles it. 

What settings? this? I change pciex16_3 to 4x and no work.

firefox_s4VaiSjZ6H.png.efdb8614fda48760e0b141786a80fa5d.png

18 minutes ago, fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead said:

Maybe change the slot to m2_2

The manual said m2_2 cannot run pcie 3 x4