CPU Time spy score Ryzen 5 5600x. Is it low ? can i get it higher ?

Bootyman

Hey guys, 

so recently i got into Overclocking and wanted to improve my Time spy score (insert "Scarface-Push it to the limit" music) . First of all, here are my PC specs:

Motherboard: MSI X570 gaming edge wifi 
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 
GPU: RX 6900xt 

RAM: Crucial ballistix 3600mhz Cl16 

PSU: 850w 

Fully aircooled System (good airflow) 

This is my highscore in Timespy so far: http://www.3dmark.com/spy/26413685

I achieved this doing the following changes:

GPU

Increased Power limits using MorePowerTool 

-Power Limit in W GPU=340 
-TDC Limits in A GFX=370

Overclocked using radeon Software

-Vram to fast timing and max clock 

-Gpu tuning Min Freq.= 2400mhz  Max Freq.=2750 
-Voltage 100%

-Left Voltage Limit at 0% since i increased it in MPT 
-NIce Fan curve for cooling 

Ram 

-Voltage to 1.4v
-Clock speed to 3733
-FCLK To 1866

-New Timings CL15-trcdwr15-trdrd17-trp15-tras32

This Brought down the latency from 65ns to 58.8ns

CPU

Voltage to 1.35

All core oc 4750mhz 

Why didnt i use PBO ? 

I tried using PBO but it brought me the same performace increase as Auto OC in Ryzen Master. It just brought me 100 points less then just doing a manual all core OC. 

I first set the PBO limits to the default and tested step by step negative offsets in the curve optimizer, using Windows event viewer to determine what core crashed when i set an offset to high. 

After that i set the PBO Limits  PPT 200, TDC 100, EDC 150.
Last i set  the boost override to 200mhz.

To my questions 

I see many results with way over 9000 CPU points in Time spy, What can i do or try differently to get better results ? 

Should i set my RAM clocks back to 3600 so i can tighten my timings more ? 

Is it normal that my GPU does not want to clock over 2700 even without being Power or Thermal limited ? 

Did i do something wrong with my PBO settings ? If not is it normal that an all core OC just gives me better results ? 

Watercooling would get me better performance out of my AMD parts, i know, but i dont seem to hit thermal limits in any way so i feel like there is more to get out of it. 

Edit: 

I forgot to mention that I have SAM enabled. 

It's not just PBO, but PBO combined with a per core undervolt using the curve optimizer where you'll get the most out of your chip. It's a decent all core OC you achieved, but you're hurting single core perf.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

9 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's not just PBO, but PBO combined with a per core undervolt using the curve optimizer where you'll get the most out of your chip. It's a decent all core OC you achieved, but you're hurting single core perf.

I wont rum that all core oc every day, certainly not for gaming. Its just for the benchmark so im not worried about single core performance. I didnt use PBO because i was getting better results that way. 

Your score seems decent in my opinion. Guessing that your system isn't optimized solely for running benchmarks, 18310 pts isn't bad. But isn't a great score either. 

Work on higher Memory : Infinity Fabric speeds (1:1). Tight timings and latency won't matter a great deal with this particular benchmark, so loosen up and go for the bandwidth.

1 hour ago, Bootyman said:

I wont rum that all core oc every day, certainly not for gaming. Its just for the benchmark so im not worried about single core performance. I didnt use PBO because i was getting better results that way. 

Only because you weren't using PBO in combination with an undervolt. That was the point. Also, I pointed out single core performance because that's what matters most for gaming. I'm not certain how much it matters for 3DMark, but given it's primarily a benchmark for 3D graphic performance, it might be significant.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Only because you weren't using PBO in combination with an undervolt. That was the point. Also, I pointed out single core performance because that's what matters most for gaming. I'm not certain how much it matters for 3DMark, but given it's primarily a benchmark for 3D graphic performance, it might be significant.

Do you mean undervolting using the curve optimizer ?

7 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Your score seems decent in my opinion. Guessing that your system isn't optimized solely for running benchmarks, 18310 pts isn't bad. But isn't a great score either. 

Work on higher Memory : Infinity Fabric speeds (1:1). Tight timings and latency won't matter a great deal with this particular benchmark, so loosen up and go for the bandwidth.

I will try that, about what optimizations are you talking about ? 

7 hours ago, Bootyman said:

I will try that, about what optimizations are you talking about ? 

It's all the little things. Like turning off background apps and services that aren't needed. Disable core parking could be another thing to try.