Fan hub question

ArcticApe

Hello!

As far as I understand, the 3 pin kind runs at a given speed (fixed or depends on load?), but a 4 pin can be controlled by software. If I get a fanhub with, say, 6 4 pin ports and plug my fans into it, and then the hub into a 4 pin on the MoBo, will I be able to controll all the fans? I assume theyd also all be running at the same speed aswell then?

My main reason for this is to reduce the amount of noise when my PC is doing essentially nothing. Thx!

Ok so both 3-pin and 4-pin fans can be controlled, the former with voltage regulation and the later with PWM. If you have more modern fans that are 4-pin, they can usually be controlled by your BIOS if you plug them into your motherboard. 

With a powered PWM hub, you can plug them all into one port and setup your fan curves in the BIOS. 

That can be clarified if you list out all the fan's you have and the motherboard. 

12 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Ok so both 3-pin and 4-pin fans can be controlled, the former with voltage regulation and the later with PWM. If you have more modern fans that are 4-pin, they can usually be controlled by your BIOS if you plug them into your motherboard. 

With a powered PWM hub, you can plug them all into one port and setup your fan curves in the BIOS. 

That can be clarified if you list out all the fan's you have and the motherboard. 

I sadly dont know, they came with the case that I bought from a computer building store 10 years ago lol. The case is coolermaster stryker

3 hours ago, ArcticApe said:

Hello!

As far as I understand, the 3 pin kind runs at a given speed (fixed or depends on load?), but a 4 pin can be controlled by software. If I get a fanhub with, say, 6 4 pin ports and plug my fans into it, and then the hub into a 4 pin on the MoBo, will I be able to controll all the fans? I assume theyd also all be running at the same speed aswell then?

My main reason for this is to reduce the amount of noise when my PC is doing essentially nothing. Thx!

ya that's how 90% of people on the cheap lower there fans and ramp em up well gaming. but it will be based off the cpu temps thow. unless you got a mb that can change a header controlled by something els. some can most cant.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 2/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, ArcticApe said:

they came with the coolermaster stryker

The case fans seem to use standard 3pin fan headers. I recommend avoiding a standard pwm hub since it would use a 12v signal and run any attached 3pin fans at 100% rpm.

What motherboard are you using? Do you know which fans are too noisy? 

The case sounds come with a built-in fan controller. Are you using that?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The case fans seem to use standard 3pin fan headers. I recommend avoiding a standard pwm hub since it would use a 12v signal and run any attached 3pin fans at 100% rpm.

What motherboard are you using? Do you know which fans are too noisy? 

The case sounds come with a built-in fan controller. Are you using that?

Oh shit I thought it was broken and I forgot about it xd it works, ty!