Will this brick my pc?

StalePie42

I live in Europe just wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this model https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/500-Watt-be-quiet--Pure-Power-11-CM-Modular-80--Gold_1281116.html

I would gladly take suggestions since i would prefer a beefier wattage 

my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pjTsY9 worst case scenario would be adding something like a 2080ti  in the future

Thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, StalePie42 said:

I live in Europe just wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this model https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/500-Watt-be-quiet--Pure-Power-11-CM-Modular-80--Gold_1281116.html

I would gladly take suggestions since i would prefer a beefier wattage 

my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pjTsY9 worst case scenario would be adding something like a 2080ti  in the future

Thanks in advance

If you plan to add a 2080ti in the future, I suggest you get at least 1,200 Watts power supply. But if you're just swapping the RTX2080ti to replace GTX460(based from your partpicker list, I suggest to get a 700-750watts gold psu instead.

1 minute ago, RMTM said:

If you plan to add a 2080ti in the future, I suggest you get at least 1,200 Watts power supply.

Ridiculous. No single card needs a 1200W PSU. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

Keyword "add". And it is not just the card that will use the entire 1,200W. I do not want to limit the OP based on what he/she states. Pay attention to my whole response not intended for you.

10 minutes ago, RMTM said:

If you plan to add a 2080ti in the future, I suggest you get at least 1,200 Watts power supply. But if you're just swapping the RTX2080ti to replace GTX460(based from your partpicker list, I suggest to get a 700-750watts gold psu instead.

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I run a 3080 on an 850W with no issues what so ever. Even the highest power GPUs are only rated for 350-400 watts. I can see an arguement for a 1000 watt PSU with a single very powerful GPU but 1200 W is complete overkill.

Just seen last reply, If you were gonna add another (second) card then an argument can be made for over 1000 watts.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

1 minute ago, will0hlep said:

I run a 3080 on an 850W with no issues what so ever. Even the highest power GPUs are only rated for 350-400 watts. I can see an arguement for a 1000 watt PSU with a single very powerful GPU but 1200 W is complete overkill.

fully agree. Im running a 3900x and a 3080ti from 850 Watts and it's fine 1200 W for a 3700x and a 2080ti is totally overkill.

5 minutes ago, RMTM said:

Keyword "add".

He's clearly going to replace the 460, not use it and the 2080 ti at the same time because that would be pointless, and even if he did want to use them both at the same time for some reason he still wouldn't need 1200W. 

5 minutes ago, RMTM said:

Pay attention to my whole response not intended for you.

Who is it intended for, gullible ignorants who like to waste money?

4 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

Just seen last reply, If you were gonna add another card then an argument can be made for over 1000 watts.

460 tops out at 160W, a 2080 ti ~300W. So no. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, will0hlep said:

Again...keyword from the OP... "adding..." Pay attention guys. I know the ratings of the gpu myself. You are not the only one who can afford. And I am just following the OP's statement of his/her options. Well, no point discussing this. And I am not trying to argue with anyone. You all have a point. But read the actual query from the OP before your react. Now if the OP will say that it is just a single card that he/she will be using. Then the 1,200Watts will be out of the table. Clear?

18 minutes ago, RMTM said:

yes single card

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

He's clearly going to replace the 460, not use it and the 2080 ti at the same time because that would be pointless, and even if he did want to use them both at the same time for some reason he still wouldn't need 1200W. 

Who is it intended for, gullible ignorants who like to waste money?

460 tops out at 160W, a 2080 ti ~300W. So no. 

Oh wow! ok. Then stay ignorant.

1 minute ago, StalePie42 said:

yes single card

Thank you for the info. Now here's my response based from that info:

- For GTX460 gpu in the system, 500Watts would be enough.

- For RTX2080Ti in the system, 650Watts would be your sweet spot.

3 minutes ago, RMTM said:

Thank you for the info. Now here's my response based from that info:

- For GTX460 gpu in the system, 500Watts would be enough.

- For RTX2080Ti in the system, 650Watts would be your sweet spot.

ok thanks do you recommend anything around 60-80€ ? 

4 minutes ago, StalePie42 said:

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

12 minutes ago, StalePie42 said:

My apologies. I cannot recommend by price since it might vary the moment you have already decided to buy one. What I can suggest are brands based from what I and my customers trust(in any order):

- Corsair

- Seasonic

- Asus ROG Strix

- Cooler Master

- be quiet

- MSI

1 minute ago, RMTM said:

My apologies. I cannot recommend by price since it might vary the moment you have already decided to buy one. What I can suggest are brands based from what I and my customers trust(in any order):

- Corsair

- Seasonic

- Asus ROG Strix

- Cooler Master

- be quiet

- MSI

Every major brand sells (I don't say makes because most of these don't manufacture anything) some good units and some not-so-good to bad units. Never recommend PSU's by brand. 

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Every major brand sells (I don't say makes because most of these don't manufacture anything) some good units and some not-so-good to bad units. Never recommend PSU's by brand. 

Those are mine and my trusted customers' preference. And I am just sharing. There are reasons why they still keep their brands over the years. And kept loyal customers. When I procure something, I do not just focus on price/cost. The smartest way is for you to get the quality out from your money's worth. PCs are a form of investment to many of us. So I do value their money well spent. There are global standards and strict quality controls along with their RMA procedures that these branded ones do and have. You yourself is using a branded one, I suppose. Will you not recommend it given the chance. Price and cost will not give you any quality assurance. But match that price or cost with a trusted quality brand and you'll have the best choice.

What I was suggesting to the OP is to look at those brands to match his budget range by the time he/she decides to buy one. To help him/her at least narrow down his/her options. I am just trying to help. It will still be up to @StalePie42 what to get for his/her build.

3 minutes ago, RMTM said:

The smartest way is for you to get the quality out from your money's worth.

And you won't do that by blindly buying brand names. 

You yourself is using a branded one, I suppose. Will you not recommend it given the chance.

I would recommend the specific model I use, based on the research I have done about its actual quality, if it fit someone's needs. I wouldn't just recommend anything with the same logo slapped on it. 

9 minutes ago, RMTM said:

trusted quality brand and you'll have the best choice.

Seasonic was once decent, not anymore.

Asus strix psus also based on Seasonic so they are not good either.

Just sayign that buy corsair does not make sence. yes corsair has good RMA in most countries, yes they have good units, but they also have not so good units that people buy since they assume they are good without even googling anything.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

I'd recommend the Corsair RMx line. They're good PSUs that don't break the bank. And they're available in most (relevant) wattages. 10 year warranty is also a nice bonus.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

11 hours ago, RMTM said:

Are you insane? 750w is the max you need for a 2080 ti. You can get away with a 650w most likely

2 minutes ago, gamagama69 said:

Are you insane? 750w is the max you need for a 2080 ti. You can get away with a 650w most likely

Again with the comment. Read guys...read... You're a bit late for this comment, though. And why are people bursting with these kinds of comments...geesh!

4 minutes ago, RMTM said:

Again with the comment. Read guys...read... You're a bit late for this comment, though. And why are people bursting with these kinds of comments...geesh!

Your advice was poor even with your mistaken, far-fetched interpretation of the original post.