Need Water cooling advice

VINCEindaHOUSE

So I want to watercool my build but i need some general watercooling advice. I know you want to keep the metals in the loop the same to prevent corrosion but besides that I don't know much else. Anyone got any advice

2 hours ago, VINCEindaHOUSE said:

So I want to watercool my build but i need some general watercooling advice. I know you want to keep the metals in the loop the same to prevent corrosion but besides that I don't know much else. Anyone got any advice

This sounds like you want to make a custom loop (imho the only setup that cools better then a good aircooler).

First, you will need to decide on a budget.
I'd say look south of 200 bucks for quality hardware.

Also make sure your hardware is easily replaced, as it can leak and break things.
When built well, not common, but once you introduce water to a computer an inherent risk. 😉

And if you want general WC advice i would look at Jays 2cents Youtube channel he handles a lot of custom water-cooling stuff. (at least he did, might need to look into some older video's).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 2/14/2022 at 12:35 PM, HanZie82 said:

This sounds like you want to make a custom loop (imho the only setup that cools better then a good aircooler).

Also make sure your hardware is easily replaced, as it can leak and break things.
When built well, not common, but once you introduce water to a computer an inherent risk. 😉

And if you want general WC advice i would look at Jays 2cents Youtube channel he handles a lot of custom water-cooling stuff. (at least he did, might need to look into some older video's).

yea I actually bought the jtc corsair water block bc i thought it was neat and then I said welp i might as well watercool my system.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:35 AM, HanZie82 said:

$200 are you for real...Try $1000

7 hours ago, VINCEindaHOUSE said:

yea I actually bought the jtc corsair water block bc i thought it was neat and then I said welp i might as well watercool my system.

what are you cooling? want to cool just the cpu or gpu or both. whats your budget need info or cant help.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

$200 are you for real...Try $1000

what are you cooling? want to cool just the cpu or gpu or both. whats your budget need info or cant help.

Im just gonna cool my Cpu a r7 3800x but i wanna run this stuff into the future. budget isnt really an issue so lets say another 900$. i mostly need general advice of do's and donts

but part recommendations are welcome. i plan on upgrading to whatevers best in about a year

2 hours ago, VINCEindaHOUSE said:

Im just gonna cool my Cpu a r7 3800x but i wanna run this stuff into the future. budget isnt really an issue so lets say another 900$. i mostly need general advice of do's and donts

but part recommendations are welcome. i plan on upgrading to whatevers best in about a year

use a d5 pump

use copper rads, cpu, gpu blocks

use some bio additive to dieseled water imo dont use dyes or color coolant

flush the rad with dieseled water to get bits of paint and other stuff out

have the res above the pump

ask how much rad you need to cool what you want and what temps you want

watch tones of videos linus, j2cents so on

dont make the cpu block the highest point of the loop as air can be trapped in it

if you use a drain port has to be at the lowest point in the loop can be case tilted

dont over tighten the fittings

use paper towels when filling and testing the loop for leaks

fill the res up power on the pump with out the system by the paper clip or buy an adapter 

dont run the pump dry and its needed to lupercate it

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

use a d5 pump

use copper rads, cpu, gpu blocks

use some bio additive to dieseled water imo dont use dyes or color coolant

flush the rad with dieseled water to get bits of paint and other stuff out

have the res above the pump

ask how much rad you need to cool what you want and what temps you want

watch tones of videos linus, j2cents so on

dont make the cpu block the highest point of the loop as air can be trapped in it

if you use a drain port has to be at the lowest point in the loop can be case tilted

dont over tighten the fittings

use paper towels when filling and testing the loop for leaks

fill the res up power on the pump with out the system by the paper clip or buy an adapter 

dont run the pump dry and its needed to lupercate it

are you trying to say distilled? also thank you

29 minutes ago, VINCEindaHOUSE said:

are you trying to say distilled? also thank you

yes haha