Pc Bluescreens when enabled XMP profile

Go to solution Solved by ZROCK,
28 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

Update... Tried to overvolt but it keept crashing. went step by step as high as 1.5 volts. but still bluescreens. I ended up setting the voltage to auto and then bringing the ram speed to 3133 and so far it seems to be stable. i'll see if it can hold up the rest of the day and see if it's still stable. I also tried setting the voltage to auto and 3200mhz but that also crashed. so i think 3.1mhz is what i'll have to live with for now. but it's 70mhz from 3200 so whatever. when i get new ram i'll prob buy 3600mhz anyways 

Well that is pretty close until you get a chance to match up your ram. Good work!

My pc bluescreens and ends up in a reboot cykle when i try to enable xmp or clock my ram to 3200mhz. I have 4 sticks of ddr4 8gb 3200mhz ram. 2 hyper X sticks and 2 corsair vengance sticks. I know that it\s tricky to mix ram but possible and the risks that follows. but it\s interesting because I had the same issue before installing 2 more sticks. i tried clocking it to 3200 because that\s what they are rated for but my windows where displaying them at first as 2600mhz. I first tought it was because I maybe installed them in the wrong slots but thought it was very unlikely since i have some experince with pc building. So I checked and there they where in 2a 2b running 700mhz to low. when i tried in increase it I got bluescreen. so i tried installing 2 more sticks of reliable ram that i knew worked correctly *corsair vengance| but still nothing and still bluescreens when xmp enabled

2 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

My pc bluescreens and ends up in a reboot cykle when i try to enable xmp or clock my ram to 3200mhz. I have 4 sticks of ddr4 8gb 3200mhz ram. 2 hyper X sticks and 2 corsair vengance sticks. I know that it\s tricky to mix ram but possible and the risks that follows. but it\s interesting because I had the same issue before installing 2 more sticks. i tried clocking it to 3200 because that\s what they are rated for but my windows where displaying them at first as 2600mhz. I first tought it was because I maybe installed them in the wrong slots but thought it was very unlikely since i have some experince with pc building. So I checked and there they where in 2a 2b running 700mhz to low. when i tried in increase it I got bluescreen. so i tried installing 2 more sticks of reliable ram that i knew worked correctly *corsair vengance| but still nothing and still bluescreens when xmp enabled

I seem to have a similar problem but its because i use 3200 on zen+, can you list all your specs especially cpu and mobo

1 minute ago, Milky Karcher said:

I seem to have a similar problem but its because i use 3200 on zen+, can you list all your specs especially cpu and mobo

3060TI 

ryzen 5700g usally 3800mhz

Amd B 550 A pro

So when you put ram in, it chills at 2133 mhz or 2400 depending on the clock speed rating. When you enable XMP it can go up to its rated speed. So your question right now should be why is it not stable at this clock speed. 

Have you tried putting only the corsair ram in dual channel mode? What is your motherboard? Amd or intel system?

1 minute ago, ZROCK said:

So when you put ram in, it chills at 2133 mhz or 2400 depending on the clock speed rating. When you enable XMP it can go up to its rated speed. So your question right now should be why is it not stable at this clock speed. 

Have you tried putting only the corsair ram in dual channel mode? What is your motherboard? Amd or intel system?

you could also try manually overclocking the ram rather than using the XMP. I guarantee that the auto XMP is getting screwy and causing crashes because of your mixed ram. Im guessing it runs fine without the xmp right? 

no. It never changes from 2133 when in 4 chanell. but when i had it in dual it went to 2600. yes I had the hyper x in dual channel and thats when it ran in 2600 but now it\s even lower. I would guess why it\s not stable is that the timings are not the exact same and differnt rams. but that still dosent explain why the hyper x ram ran slower even before that even tho they where installed in the correct slot and still are

2 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

you could also try manually overclocking the ram rather than using the XMP. I guarantee that the auto XMP is getting screwy and causing crashes because of your mixed ram. Im guessing it runs fine without the xmp right? 

yea it does run fine without it but at 1000mhx slower, i tried manually overclocking to but that also crashed. I can try again tho since i had to reset my cmos after that

3 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

i'll try to go to bios rigght now and do that

Just now, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

i'll try to go to bios rigght now and do that

Cool than might work. If not, try using xmp with just one of the pairs and see if that works. If it does, then the XMP is having trouble with the different memory latency

Cool than might work. If not, try using xmp with just one of the pairs and see if that works. If it does, then the XMP is having trouble with the different memory latency

I was thinking the same. Yea i tried going to 2600 and thus far it's working no problem. I'll try to go step by step and see where it crashes

1 minute ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

I was thinking the same. Yea i tried going to 2600 and thus far it's working no problem. I'll try to go step by step and see where it crashes

cool. Lets see what happens

3 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

cool. Lets see what happens

went to 2600 stable. 2800 stable but crashed at 3200

Just now, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

went to 2600 stable. 2800 stable but crashed at 3200

Id say considering your ram configuration, get the best performance you can for now until you have a chance to match up the memory sticks. 

9 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

Id say considering your ram configuration, get the best performance you can for now until you have a chance to match up the memory sticks. 

sounds good. tried again and 3000 is stable. and that's close enough for now. Thankyou so much for your help! finally I can work in blender without crying about insufficent speeds or insuficcient amount of ram xD

1 hour ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

sounds good. tried again and 3000 is stable. and that's close enough for now. Thankyou so much for your help! finally I can work in blender without crying about insufficent speeds or insuficcient amount of ram xD

Haha no problem brother. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

One more thing-- you could overvolt the ram a little bit and i bet you could get 3200 stable!

On 2/14/2022 at 1:05 AM, ZROCK said:

One more thing-- you could overvolt the ram a little bit and i bet you could get 3200 stable!

i'll try that

On 2/14/2022 at 1:05 AM, ZROCK said:

Update... Tried to overvolt but it keept crashing. went step by step as high as 1.5 volts. but still bluescreens. I ended up setting the voltage to auto and then bringing the ram speed to 3133 and so far it seems to be stable. i'll see if it can hold up the rest of the day and see if it's still stable. I also tried setting the voltage to auto and 3200mhz but that also crashed. so i think 3.1mhz is what i'll have to live with for now. but it's 70mhz from 3200 so whatever. when i get new ram i'll prob buy 3600mhz anyways 

28 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

Well that is pretty close until you get a chance to match up your ram. Good work!