What fans got best with H100i Elite CAPELLIX

JasonIsBoss

Okay so I have a H100i Elite CAPELLIX coming and i see they have corsair ML 120 fans. btw it comes with the commander pro.

right now i have some sp120 fans im my case connected to a corsair normal RGB hub i was wondering will i be able to connect to ML fans and the SP fans into the same commander pro and have them sync or will i have to replace the SP120 fans with ML fans. 

thanks

If fans go on a radiator you want static pressure so they can push through the fans.

Jay did a video on this so it would be a good idea to look at this video to get an idea! Good luck!

6 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

If fans go on a radiator you want static pressure so they can push through the fans.

Jay did a video on this so it would be a good idea to look at this video to get an idea! Good luck!

Thank you i will watch the whole video

Honestly run any fans you want,The rad is thin on most aios.And as good as a standard case fan is its more then enough cfm to work.We are talking like 2 degree different in fans max.

36 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

Honestly run any fans you want,The rad is thin on most aios.And as good as a standard case fan is its more then enough cfm to work.We are talking like 2 degree different in fans max.

so if I removed the stock ML fans and my front SP fans and changed it all out for LL fans it should be fine

2 hours ago, FalseControl said:

If fans go on a radiator you want static pressure

@JasonIsBossIf u want fans in general for anything pc related you want static pressure fans, never otherwise (except 1 situation). The only time when you don't really need static pressure fans is when you have a case, in which, in the location you are mounting the fan on, you can put your hand through the mounting location freely (no obstruction, just put your had in, pull it out, put in).

In Theory you can get away with a non heavily static pressure optimized fan for exhaust (but it depends on how obstructive the metal panel/grill you're exhausting through is. (Technically intaking through a least resistive grill also enables less extreme static pressure optimized fans, like is the case with power supplies) As seen on the link below:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_chessis&area=usa

Filters are pretty obstructive, MeshFilter are decently-pretty obstructive, and radiators for water liquid, quite obstructive. (Heatsinks for air cooling are decently-pretty obstructive as well.

Though keep in mind, these aren't unbreakable rules, more guidelines, As just because a fan looks the part, doesn't mean it performs the part, and vice versa, just because a fan performs the part, doesn't mean you can't use a nicer/different looking fan (if you've got room for slightly higher temperatures).

On 2/13/2022 at 3:24 AM, JasonIsBoss said:

so if I removed the stock ML fans and my front SP fans and changed it all out for LL fans it should be fine

Yes you can do that,Worse case you might lose 2 degrees of cooling changing fans.And most will never notice the 2 degrees to be honest.