cpu cooler removal/new cooler choice help

Ghosted Muzik
Go to solution Solved by MistahHaskins,
2 minutes ago, Ghosted Muzik said:

ok so like i could run cinebench on a loop for a bit then try to remove?

Anything that heats the paste, play a game or what many do is run Aid64, Cinebench R20 or Prime95, pretty much anything that will heat up the CPU the fastest.

On my 5600x I am using Cooler Masters' Hyper 212 BE Non-RGB cooler, runs around $40ish bucks and keeps it at around mid 60s, to low 70s in games

so i have on this newly built pc a ryzen 5600x on a stock amd cooler. the time i had to pull the cooler off to fit the 2nd kit of ram it pulled the cpu out with it, is there any tricks to prevent that?

also now that i have the cpu on auto overclock it hits high 80C on temps so im looking for a decent ait cooler that isnt too overkill, also rgb wouldnt hurt

also next step will be chassis fans i can control

long time viewer on youtube but first post here as i figured yall be smarter then my friends

IMG_20220208_210619712_HDR.jpg

Heat the CPU up first.

Twist the cooler, don't pull straight up. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

Heat the CPU up first.

Twist the cooler, don't pull straight up. 

2 minutes ago, Ghosted Muzik said:

Anything that heats the paste, play a game or what many do is run Aid64, Cinebench R20 or Prime95, pretty much anything that will heat up the CPU the fastest.

On my 5600x I am using Cooler Masters' Hyper 212 BE Non-RGB cooler, runs around $40ish bucks and keeps it at around mid 60s, to low 70s in games

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

Just now, MistahHaskins said:

awesome, btw is that oc? granted i mainly play minecraft and 7 days due to only a 2gb 960 as my gpu but before the auto oc was turned on i kept a solid 62-66c with stock cooler but now im in the 70s

Just now, Ghosted Muzik said:

awesome, btw is that oc? granted i mainly play minecraft and 7 days due to only a 2gb 960 as my gpu but before the auto oc was turned on i kept a solid 62-66c with stock cooler but now im in the 70s

This is without an OC but with PBO on so sorta

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

2 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

This is without an OC but with PBO on so sorta

whats PBO? sorry still learning 

Precision Boost Overdrive. It is an opportunistic automated overclocking mechanism found in various AMD processors that pushes the system power budget beyond its rated specifications in order to allow Precision Boost to act more aggressively and achieve higher performance

Gaming Rig: