what I think is up at newegg

tsmspace

So , basically, I'm watching the wan show,, and it I think it IS a "scam", just not by newegg. Instead, it's AGAINST newegg. 

Here's my scenario, which was not brought up. whoever it is that checks the returns and stuff, has access to a lot of boards. Probably they even inspect new boards before they are shipped the first time. (I don't know). But, here's how it could go down: 

If you find some damaged motherboard, it goes to the trash bin somehow. Maybe it's in a stack that will ultimately be returned to the manufacturer, or maybe it's just neweggs new garbage. If the inspector knows that there will be returns of common popular products (especially such expensive ones like top dollar motherboards) , they can damage a motherboard, move it to the trash pile, then steal it. Then, when that model of motherboard gets returned by a customer, they simply swap the bad one in to the customers return, and take the good one that was returned by the customer. 

That way, no one will notice the garbage pile was robbed , and if anyone goes to check up on the return, they can see plainly it's damaged. 

basically if there were some way to see which serial numbers went where, then it could be checked on , but if the serial number of each board isn't on the box, or isn't logged in the sale, then it might not be trackable. 

i5 12400 , MSI b660 pro-a, 32g 3200 , rtx 3060, 1tb wdblack sn270

I gave my dad: rogstrix b350-f gaming, r5 2600, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2400, gtx 980 ti , he has minecraft, halo infinite, and collects his own photography. he had a "worst laptop in store special" that finishes loading your mouse movement, but not really much else. 

games: Starmade, Velocidrone, Minecraft, Astrokill, Liftoff, ThrustandShoot, , Infinity Battlescape, Flight of Nova, Orbital Racer

it's AGAINST newegg. 

uh no, regardless of the reason it's happening, let's say your scenario is the truth, the person is still employed by newegg, there would be reviews done on refused RMAs and if it's the same person doing it over and over that's a very easy flag to raise. It's still newegg refusing the RMAs because it's their employee.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Any scenario can take place over at Newegg, that be employees abusing the ability to get RMAs and exchange them for new products like you stated or simply Newegg just refusing RMAs because they don't want to send out more than they have too.

I have many friends who ordered from Newegg, and partly the reason I tend to say towards Amazon for all my parts despite them not being on Amazon. Anyways, they received their products completely damaged in shipping, partly due to Newegg not properly securing the package. They recorded them walking to the door, with the delivery guy visible, which meant he in no way touched or tampered with the shipment. Newegg still declined the RMA due to the product being damaged.

Long story short, Newegg used to be king but now since they have been exposed for their very terrible RMA team, its not worth ordering anything there unless you have no other options.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

It's what happens when you chase the money, want profits in front of anything else. 

The moment Newegg added third party sellers like Amazon, I knew it's going downhill.  Now there's less reason to curate reviews, to make sure information is accurate, you get descriptions that are incomplete or wrong for third party products. 

Personally, I think it's just Newegg putting pressure on RMA department to refuse returns, to find reasons to reject things, to make their numbers better... mixed with poor / incomplete inspection of the returned stuff and probably also bad systems.

In the case of GamersNexus Steve's issue with them, he ordered an OPEN BOX motherboard from Newegg, so the motherboard should have been inspected by the people that process returns and tested before being sent to him... and naturally if someone used the motherboard for a day or so and returned it, it's possible to have some thermal paste on the motherboard. The returns people should have cleaned it or make notes for that motherboard - they have serial numbers so they could have added notes to that board in their system

RMA department should have known it's an OPEN BOX but it wouldn't surprise me if their system doesn't warn them about what type of product was the motherboard (was it new, was it open box). I guess they just saw the thermal paste on the board or socket and found that a convenient reason to reject the return, as pressured by their bosses.

the problem with newegg is multi dimensional. i don't think newegg was doing this to scrape up a few extra dollars, i think the issue is training. their warehouse employees are idiots. people packing boxes are idiots. people sorting returns/rmas are idiots. etc. 

this is how i know they are idiots:

some time ago I bought an asus GPU from them. for those who don't know, asus ships GPUs to retailers double boxed. first, there is colorful retail packaging with pictures like with everyone else, and that box is then put into a brown carboard box that also has the part number, serial number, etc. on it. newegg shipped the GPU to me in that asus packaging. not in a newegg shipping box. when the GPU got to me, it was partially wet and had a dented corner. i returned it without opening it. newegg charged me a 15% restocking fee because, get this, THE PACKAGING WAS DAMAGED! they were the ones who shipped it without a shipping box in the first place but somehow it was my fault? so either the idiot shipping the card didn't know what the policy on that packaging was or the idiot sorting the RMA didn't know the policy. or maybe there is no policy for this and everyone just does whatever. 

in any case, i got screwed out of a $240 restocking fee. i was not able to get it back. the people on the phone were not able to understand the situation.