Can't change time zone

GenericBot1

Hey guys so recently I had my pc blue screen and it made me have to do a clean installation of windows. For some reason after this I cannot change my time zone. It is permanently stuck to pacific time, making my time off from my actual time zone. I've gone into date and time in the additional time settings, but it keeps prompting me with a pop up that says I don't have permission to change this even though I am the administrator for the computer. How do I fix this?

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

could be an administrator privileges issue

could also be a service problem or a registry entry issue so you can start by re-registering the "windows time" service. so we'll solve them both at the same time

- in an elevated command prompt (type "cmd" into the search bar at the bottom and right click then click "run as administrator")

- type " net user administrator /active:yes " and hit enter                   (this sets your account to admin)

- type " w32tm /unregister " and hit enter                   (this unregisters the Windows Time service)

- Hit Win+R and type services.msc

- Find 'Windows Time' service and stop it by right clicking the service and clicking "stop"        (this force stops the windows time program)

- click back into CMD window and type " w32tm /register " and hit enter             (this registers the windows time service and adds the windows default registry entries for it)

- Start Windows Time Service again by right clicking and click start

you should be able to change the time zone again if it doesn't automatically pick it up online

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

-> Moved to Windows

Are you perhaps using cheap key? That could be causing issues if its one from Enterprise pack, or activated using Enterprise key servers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Windows

Are you perhaps using cheap key? That could be causing issues if its one from Enterprise pack, or activated using Enterprise key servers.

If you're referring to how much I spent on windows, I got it from Microsoft at full price, if that's not what you mean, idk

8 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

If you're referring to how much I spent on windows, I got it from Microsoft at full price, if that's not what you mean, idk

Was referring to keys people buy from grey markets. Cheap as in not retail or full OEM price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

Was referring to keys people buy from grey markets. Cheap as in not retail or full OEM price.

yea like I said before i got it from Microsoft themselves and after I got stuck in that automatic repair loop, I had to do a fresh install which caused a bunch of problems for some reason 

3 minutes ago, GenericBot1 said:

yea like I said before i got it from Microsoft themselves and after I got stuck in that automatic repair loop, I had to do a fresh install which caused a bunch of problems for some reason 

My laptop started to do similar after fresh install, thats why I asked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv