Just purchased newer (faster @ 3200Mhz) RAM, won't run unless with old RAM

So I just purchased some Faster RAM to upgrade my son's new (my old) PC for his birthday. Decided to check some forums out to see if I could add it to the RAM I currently had, they both happen to be ADATA XPG. So after looking around I found that most people said that 32Gb of RAM @ 2400Mhz isn't as beneficial as 16Gb of RAM @ 3200Mhz. Problem being the newer faster RAM won't work by itself in any orientation other than filling all Channels with both set of RAM together... I've tried reseating the 3200 RAM by itself to no avail...  Does anyone know something that I don't that would make this newer RAM not function on it's own. Motherboard is an ASRock z270 Extreme4. Trying to learn here, thanks.

Side note: Yes, I've tried the RAM alone 1 stick at a time, and also ONLY in dual channel in both orientation's on my board Listed above.

try clearing the cmos, then try the new ram sticks. what is the exact model# of the new ram?

News to me.  First time I've ever heard that speed matters more than capacity.  I mean, if you never even need 16GB, ok maybe.  2400 to 3200 is not as drastic as some make it out to be, imho.

Are you using 1/3 or 2/4 channels?

21 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

try clearing the cmos, then try the new ram sticks. what is the exact model# of the new ram?

Yes I have, replaced the battery and put the old one back in to no avail. https://www.amazon.com/XPG-3200MHz-288-Pin-CL16-20-20-AX4U320038G16A-DSZ1/dp/B084Q4N364/ref=asc_df_B084Q4N364/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=416694317409&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11575956770101180576&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004952&hvtargid=pla-904063379506&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=94693386435&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=416694317409&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11575956770101180576&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004952&hvtargid=pla-904063379506 Is the Ram I purchased.

15 minutes ago, IPD said:

News to me.  First time I've ever heard that speed matters more than capacity.  I mean, if you never even need 16GB, ok maybe.  2400 to 3200 is not as drastic as some make it out to be, imho.

Yes, I've tried both 1/3 and 2/4 it does nothing.

3 minutes ago, Poodz161 said:

quick search of the qvl list doesn't show that kit as compatible, although that list probably hasn't been updated in years, so not much help. might be worth trying to update the bios if yours hasn't been in a while, a lot of updates for memory compatibility.

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

quick search of the qvl list doesn't show that kit as compatible, although that list probably hasn't been updated in years, so not much help. might be worth trying to update the bios if yours hasn't been in a while, a lot of updates for memory compatibility.

I know I don't know everything, but if the bios needed to be updated for the new RAM to function on it's own, wouldn't that also mean that it wouldn't function when combined with the older RAM as well? Which isn't the case..  No idea.. I could look once I get back to it...

7 minutes ago, Poodz161 said:

Yes, I've tried both 1/3 and 2/4 it does nothing.

Have you tried a single stick in the known working (whatever slots used to be occupied) memory slots? It's starting to sound like the RAM is DOA, and this would be good way to test that. It was said above that it's not on the QVL, but with Intel boards the QVL just means how high a speed the motherboard can run. That kit should be booting at 2400/2666 no problem. 

45 minutes ago, IPD said:

on a old platfor like that?

probably accurate.

but like on my system, i can get like 15% drops in fps if my ram doesnt have its xmp on, thats a big deal.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you tried a single stick in the known working (whatever slots used to be occupied) memory slots? It's starting to sound like the RAM is DOA, and this would be good way to test that. It was said above that it's not on the QVL, but with Intel boards the QVL just means how high a speed the motherboard can run. That kit should be booting at 2400/2666 no problem. 

Alright, well I don't want to get mean but I answered this in the OP. The RAM isn't DOA because it's running just fine when slotted WITH the older RAM, like also said above.