Windows 10 Pro stops recognizing M.2 Drive.

I have a WD Black 750 M.2 drive, 1TB. A few days ago I installed Dead by Daylight on it, played for a couple days, then it crashed. I verified the integrity of the game files on Steam and it came back with errors so I let Steam fix them. Once I booted the game back up however, it crashed immediately then I noticed that whenever I tried to go into my files on the M.2, it came back with 'A device which does not exist was specified' and every other game on the M.2 came up with 'Windows cannot run this app' or something along those lines, plus the drive was unrecognized in Disk Management. Rebooting the PC fixed it, but the same thing happened when I opened the game again. So I uninstalled the game and thought it was now fine. But now 'It Takes Two' is doing it (which is installed on M.2). No other games (that I have discovered) do this so I'm very confused. CrystalDiskInfo says my drive is fine and scanning it on Windows doesn't bring up errors and Windows is fully updated (I think minus a couple optional updates). I've disabled Idle Timeout on the NVMe but that hasn't fixed the issue. I've tried looking at Event Viewer when the game crashes but no errors come up. Any ideas?

38 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Any drivers you have to have installed for the drive? Is it firmly seated in the slot? Does it show up in the BIOS (and does your BIOS have built in storage device tests)?

I will double check all this when I get back from work and post results. Thanks for the quick reply.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Any drivers you have to have installed for the drive? Is it firmly seated in the slot? Does it show up in the BIOS (and does your BIOS have built in storage device tests)?

I've reseated the M.2 and replaced the cmos battery on the board, but the game still does it. The drive does show up in BIOS, but I'm not sure if it has built in storage device tests. Windows says my drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled the game and I'm reinstalling it on a different drive in case it's something with the game.