Intel® Celeron 6305 1.8GHz (laptop) for office use - good enough for no lag uses?

Hi all. 

Being offered the 

Lenovo IdeaPad 3-14ITL 82H7007LIV 

for a good price. Nice keyboard 🙂

It has the Intel Celeron 6305 1.8GHz (which it says it's a Tiger Lake 11th Gen). 

Wondering if this a good enough (i really hate lag) laptop CPU for general office work (Word, Chrome, Zoom). 

Thanks for the advice guys. 

EDIT: I can add a bit more and get the Intel Pentium Gold 7505.

Worth it? 

Thanks so much! 

If you won't have more than a handful of chrome tabs it should be fine. But get at least 8GB of ram and think to yourself do i only need the computer for office work am I going to do multi tasking and if the answer is yes,no repectively buy it but if it isn't buy a at tops 3yr old laptop instead of this one with a core i5

Mistake if you want to do something while doing zoom don't buy this it will lag if you open some chrome tabs while doing zoom

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

What is the price? What are the other specs? This version comes with 4gb of ram and 256gb emmc storage. So it's terrible, will be extremely slow and is literally ewaste the moment you buy it due to it's low end specs.

DO NOT get this laptop in that config it's actually just terrible even for office use it will be too slow. Easily nearly maxed out cpu in zoom.

Do illustrate an 9 year old dell laptop with a i5 2420m is better and will be more usable than this one for your tasks as it can have 8gb of ram and an actual ssd in it. It even has double the threads because that celeron is a pure dual core and people have been avoiding those since 2013 in their systems for almost all usecases.

This ideapad is not upgradeable too so do not get it.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What is the price? What are the other specs? This version comes with 4gb of ram and 256gb emmc storage. So it's terrible, will be extremely slow and is literally ewaste the moment you buy it due to it's low end specs.

DO NOT get this laptop in that config it's actually just terrible even for office use it will be too slow. Easily nearly maxed out cpu in zoom.

Do illustrate an 9 year old dell laptop with a i5 2420m is better and will be more usable than this one for your tasks as it can have 8gb of ram and an actual ssd in it. It even has double the threads because that celeron is a pure dual core and people have been avoiding those since 2013 in their systems for almost all usecases.

This ideapad is not upgradeable too so do not get it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! had no idea about "emmc". Wow it's literally and SD CARD!! 

1 minute ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! had no idea about "emmc". Wow it's literally and SD CARD!! 

Not quite. It's almost the same but the storage cells are able to be read and written to far more than a sd card. Thats about the only difference. If you put a os like windows on an sd card that card would be dead in a couple weeks as it's not meant for that much constant use :p.

18 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

So basically it's worth jumping to the 

Core™ i3-1115G4 3.0GHz - 4.1GHz

and paying the extra $ for it, right? 

Yes, as long as it, again, has 8GB RAM minimum and no eMMC.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 1/30/2022 at 11:31 AM, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

So basically it's worth jumping to the 

Core™ i3-1115G4 3.0GHz - 4.1GHz

and paying the extra $ for it, right? 

If it's the 8gb ram version AND has a proper ssd then yes.