need help finding compatible motherboard for sleeper case

Hailpokegodyt

I'm trying to build a sleeper pc in an old dell optiplex gx110 case but cant find any clear answer of what motherboard size to use. the main issue is that i cant find out the current motherboard form factor because I can't find anywhere online that this motherboard exists other than 4 websites selling used ones with no description. the motherboard is a dell 2909t and my measurements for it are about 8.25" x 11.25". that doesn't fall under any standardized motherboard form factor. i want to try my best to not cut up this case too much which is why I hoped I could find out the form factor. I've linked pictures below of the case and the motherboard.

dell-piii-667-mhz-pga-370-socket-128mb-10.2-gb-tower-optiplex-gx110-22.20__96272.1489925408.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Nothing says you have to hack it up. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to drill and tap new holes to place your own stand-offs for the new motherboard, but likely no big deal. Worse case mini-itx would fit. However I'd be very surprised if something much larger without cutting. Hard to tell though without actually seeing the inside and measuring.

I'm assuming you have this case? Take some measurements, and see what you actually have room for.

If it has the same type board as the Dimension D300, it's standard ATX mounting with a spider not standard layout.

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

If it has the same type board as the Dimension D300, it's standard ATX mounting with a spider not standard layout.

based off of pictures they look about the same size but i dont know if holes would line up with any new motherboard

Just now, Hailpokegodyt said:

based off of pictures they look about the same size but i dont know if holes would line up with any new motherboard

Measure the holes in the board/ mounting brackets in the case. That's what I did for mine and was pleasantly surprised at just how much of the case was ATX

17 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Nothing says you have to hack it up. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to drill and tap new holes to place your own stand-offs for the new motherboard, but likely no big deal. Worse case mini-itx would fit. However I'd be very surprised if something much larger without cutting. Hard to tell though without actually seeing the inside and measuring.

I'm assuming you have this case? Take some measurements, and see what you actually have room for.

thank you. I'll look to see what would fit but most likely i would have to make new holes. not a big deal but i'm afraid of minor size differences like the motherboard being an odd height off the back of the case. 

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Measure the holes in the board/ mounting brackets in the case. That's what I did for mine and was pleasantly surprised at just how much of the case was ATX

ok thank you. I was just having a hard time finding holes too because just like in the picture i provided it only looks like there are 2 screws holding it to the back of the case.

3 hours ago, Hailpokegodyt said:

thank you. I'll look to see what would fit but most likely i would have to make new holes. not a big deal but i'm afraid of minor size differences like the motherboard being an odd height off the back of the case. 

Even if that were the case, it would be easy enough to make up the height difference with some spacers.