Are MSI Raider (laptop) series really worth the hype?

I mean Intel specifically chose MSI because of their balanced cooling and high performance...

(Yet MSI don't have G-sync even for their top end models; just expect us to plug an external display right?)

1 minute ago, RedShank said:

I mean Intel specifically chose MSI because of their balanced cooling and high performance...

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

35 minutes ago, tkitch said:

What "Hype"?   I've never heard of the Raider series

lol me either. I had to look it up to find it's one of MSI's gaming laptop series.

39 minutes ago, tkitch said:

What "Hype"?   I've never heard of the Raider series

MSI has been suing the "Raider" branding on this and that for a while. I almost bought a "Raider" X99 board from a guy once to build a system to flip. So I just presumed OP was talking about some series of laptops or prebuilts. Certainly never heard any "hype" about them, and the "specifically chose" thing sounds like he's being rather touchingly naïve about some marketing copy. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

GE series is called Raider... it's literally on their website and was displaced in there CES event. (My bad for not mentioning in the title that its a laptop series)  

I said "hype" because quite a few reviewers like Alex from LTT recently reviewed this product implying that it looks promising comparing it to be a desktop replacement AND only MSI atm have 12th gen top end laptops available in market... ASUS or any other brand still don't have it.