Hardware issue I think, I need some advice on what to do, please help me, my PC getting loud.

Hello, people, I need some help with my PC, you see, it is having a lot of trouble with itself, even if I am just on Discord and typing, it goes up to at least 35% or higher on my CPU.

Here is an what I saw when I was downloading something on my computer:

unknown.png

I am really worried, because, at the moment, my PC is very loud, like a growling noise it is producing, and, my CPU and disk get to at least 80% or more as well as my memory increases when I am playing on Pixelmon with Technic launcher (Using 9GB of memory on my 12 GB RAM installed.)

It just does not appear to be how it was before, it has gotten very sluggish and takes about 20 minutes just for one thing to uninstall, which was NEVER like that originally.

So, basically what I am trying to tell you guys is that my PC may have an hardware issue, why I think this, is due to the fact it had a MAJOR FPS drop about 3 days ago now, where I was playing ROBLOX, and it all of a sudden froze and took like 10 minutes to return to 'normal' again, or, I would just be VERY laggy, where I would be running at like 2 FPS on my computer, when the game is only a building game with not that much on it.

My PC had to go through a new hard drive since the old one got corrupted as I messed around the Registry when using Auslogics, trust me, DO NOT USE IT, IT IS VERY RISKY and it can make you potentially in danger as it is just a scareware for your computer.

Anyways, I also noticed that my PC would be hot sometimes when I am playing Pixelmon.

I also had to go through 4 melted kettle leads to then use another one after, like I am doing right now.

My brother ordered me this one from Amazon, which was like £8, I do not think price exactly matters?? I am unsure of this.

But, I also have told my parents, to the point where I was crying because I am afraid it is going to overheat like my OLD PC back in early 2020.

(It was a bag of rubbish, the RAM was worth like £3 or something. It was THAT low-end.)

When I told my dad and showed him the screenshots of my PC when I was just on Discord, and Microsoft Edge, using HWMoniter to show my PC's state it was in at that time yesterday, he told me it is "all normal, my PC reaches 45 degrees when I am doing nothing, do not worry, Betherz." I do have my doubts, like I am right now, because, my dad does not know a lot about computers, but, he did build my PC for me, (it being a custom built one by Acer.) I just asked my mum to take it to a repair shop and let them have a look at it, she told me she would, but, then my dad told my mum that "They will ask you to get a new CPU, graphics card and everything when you don't need it."

This is what my PC is like at the moment when I am just using Microsoft Edge, Discord, Snip and Sketch, and HWMoniter:

image.png.a5e1094a4fb7885e43b117fe53a4fbc1.pngimage.png.db004710ebb2bb3aa22fd74a7b5ca23c.png

If anybody could reply to me and give me some information on what I can do would be helpful. Thank you.

what cooler do you have?

not all gamers hate furries some gamers are furries myself included.

my system                                

i5 - 12400f

PRIME H610M -A D4

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

Asus Gtx 970

275gb ssd 128gb hdd

used 650w 80 plus gold

1080p flatron E2240s

stock intel coller

logitech pc speakers (dont remember model number lol)

windows 11 home

1 minute ago, maxithefox said:

what cooler do you have?

What do you mean by cooler?

45 minutes ago, Betherz16 said:

my dad does not know a lot about computers, but, he did build my PC for me, (it being a custom built one by Acer.)

Well, I'm going to be an asshat and say that you don't know much either and my guess is that your dad knows more than you based on your wining and language about your old PC that you obviously  neither have paid for yourself. And Acer and custom built is two words that doesn't go in the same sentence. Adding more ram or a GPU doesn't make it a custom built computer.

Checking your temps from HWmonitor says everything is fine, your current temp on the CPU is 30 degrees and your GPU is 50 degrees so the temps are perfectly normal.

I am more worried that you have had four power-cords melting. That is not normal....

Why buy a new HDD/SSD if you have corrupted the file-system? Just format the drive and reinstall. The drive doesn't physically break because the FS gets corrupted.

Try to use some humility next time, so you don't appears to be a spoiled kid that thinks he knows everything and grownups don't.

At work currently so won't be able to say much but everything seems fine in the screenshot. Try booting up a game or a stress test and then take a screenshot.

Maybe your CPU cooler has a bad mount and when it heats up it throttles hard.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Well, I'm going to be an asshat and say that you don't know much either and my guess is that your dad knows more than you based on your wining and language about your old PC that you obviously  neither have paid for yourself. And Acer and custom built is two words that doesn't go in the same sentence.

Checking your temps from HWmonitor says everything is fine, your current temp on the CPU is 30 degrees and your GPU is 50 degrees so the temps are perfectly normal.

I am more worried that you have had four power-cords melting. That is not normal....

Why buy a new HDD/SSD if you have corrupted the file-system? Just format the drive and reinstall. The drive doesn't physically break because the FS gets corrupted.

The HDD (old one) got broken?? (Sorry, I don't know how to put it into words.) But, the one got unusable and I was stuck in the Automatic repair loop mode thing whenever I tried to use a system restore to revert back to it's original state but it didn't work, it would just start and not continue, just disappear, but anyways, once I got a new hard drive installed in by my dad, it was all a new system??? In a way, nothing was there anymore, however, I went into the users folder and found my documents and downloads, etc.

So, the HDD I am using from the garage, is alright, it's just I am worried about the fact my PC is loud and it is hot at the back a little, like, warm?

and when I play Pixelmon, my CPU and Disk reach about 80%+ or less (only by a little.) And the memory reaches about 68% or less.

And my computer has been a lot slow.

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

At work currently so won't be able to say much but everything seems fine in the screenshot. Try booting up a game or a stress test and then take a screenshot.

Maybe your CPU cooler has a bad mount and when it heats up it throttles hard.

Thank you for replying to me, I will play Pixelmon Minecraft (With technic launcher) and send the screenshots in this thread. Please let me know you have seen this and will respond to the screenshot / keep me updated?? (Sorry, I am bad with words. ;w;) So, I do not have to worry.

@Betherz16It sure could get hot if you are using the factory Acer case, easiest way to check that is to try running it without the side of the case on. And if you have a stock cooler or a generic one from Acer it sure could get noisy. Try running if with the side off and se which fan that is making the noise. I see that your CPU fan is going at around 2000 RPM which is a lot. 

You are focusing on the % of load for your system, and in games or active use that is nothing to be worried about. System load on CPU and GPU can reach 100% and it won't be bad for the system.

Have you scanned your system for malware? And if you have som antivirus software can make the system lag if they perform a full scan in the background. Try to disable that and see if it makes any difference. And I would try to format your old drive, if the file-system got corrupted it is perfectly normal that a system restore wouldn't work.

1 minute ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

@Betherz16It sure could get hot if you are using the factory Acer case, easiest way to check that is to try running it without the side of the case on.

You are focusing on the % of load for your system, and in games or active use that is nothing to be worried about. System load on CPU and GPU can reach 100% and it won't be bad for the system.

Have you scanned your system for malware? And if you have som antivirus software can make the system lag if they perform a full scan in the background. Try to disable that and see if it makes any difference. And I would try to format your old drive, if the file-system got corrupted it is perfectly normal that a system restore wouldn't work.

I already formatted it before on my PC with the new Hard drive having to be like that.

Also, the percentage just worries me because it is so high, apologies, I am just very worried a lot of the time, sorry if I am annoying you, e.

I have scanned my system for malware and nothing is showing to be of any threat.

And, I don't have an anti-virus as it is slow on my computer when starting up (I make sure to prevent my start-up apps from loading when I boot up my PC.)

So, I un-install them. Also, I think Windows 10 Defender is better as it doesn't require premium and stuff.

7 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

@Betherz16It sure could get hot if you are using the factory Acer case, easiest way to check that is to try running it without the side of the case on.

WIN_20220127_17_49_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_49_14_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_49_31_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_49_42_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_49_51_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_48_36_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_48_47_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220127_17_48_53_Pro.jpg

7 minutes ago, Betherz16 said:

Also, the percentage just worries me because it is so high, apologies, I am just very worried a lot of the time, sorry if I am annoying you, e.

You are not annoying me, your attitude in the first post did 😉

It is good that you are asking about things, that is how we learn 👍

What do you want to show with your pictures as there is no comments to them? But based on your pictures I can't see that the placement of the case is going to cause trouble as the cabinet is open in the front and back. But surely that case can make the components warm, so try to remove the side from the case.

8 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

You are not annoying me, your attitude in the first post did 😉

It is good that you are asking about things, that is how we learn 👍

What do you want to show with your pictures as there is no comments to them? But based on your pictures I can't see that the placement of the case is going to cause trouble as the cabinet is open in the front and back. But surely that case can make the components warm, so try to remove the side from the case.

Unfortunately, I cannot do that, only my dad will be able too, he is going to have a look at it though in this weekend, so, I am going to be hopeful that he knows what he is doing, (Sorry, I am a doubtful and worrisome individual, a.)

2 hours ago, Betherz16 said:

Thank you for replying to me, I will play Pixelmon Minecraft (With technic launcher) and send the screenshots in this thread. Please let me know you have seen this and will respond to the screenshot / keep me updated?? (Sorry, I am bad with words. ;w;) So, I do not have to worry.

Done with work now so feel free to send the screenshots. Though judging by the pictures it probably overheats since the case looks pretty obstructive already plus it's inside a cabinet which doesn't help.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Alright, I have asked my mum if we could re arrange the PC position and she told me no since it isn't the cabinet, I am still unsure, but right now, I am playing Pixelmon with my friend in a Discord call and I can smell something, I cannot pin point tho.

@Betherz16Don't worry about the placement in the cabinet. There are more than enough room around it and with the cabinet open both in the front and in the back there is no risk for overheating based on the placement. There is enough air circulation in and around the cabinet.

You mentioned custom built by your father? Is it built by parts that are not from Acer and they are just mounted in the Acer case? Or is it an Acer pre-built that you just have upgraded the RAM and maybe the GPU on?

Is there getting enough ventilation inside the case? Depending on what you have for hardware and if that is original from the Acer or for example the GPU or CPU is upgraded to more powerful variants it may be insufficient. The only way to test that is to remove the side panel of the case and test.  Having said that a computer can run really hot without any trouble, so there is not much to worry about. Temps up to 90 degrees for both the CPU and GPU under full load is not uncommon in cases that are not optimal and have bad airflow. 

Often with pre-built systems the cooling for the CPU and GPU may not be the best and can quickly get quite noisy, but that is normal for that types of computers. 

Can you play some games and take new screenshots from HWinfo so we can see what temps you are getting when you are really using the system?

Based on your previous screenshots and pictures everything seems fine. The only thing that worries me is the melting power cords you have mentioned, that is not normal.