Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo enough to overclock a i5-11600k?

Lahti

So as the title says, will this fan be enough to do some overclocking on the 11600k? The case will have 3 case fans in it. Could undervolting the cpu be enough to get some extra oc in? All comments are appriciated 🙂

I prefer the FUMA 2,

It's quieter and overall better for just $10 more.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

I prefer the FUMA 2,

It's quieter and overall better for just $10 more.

I know i know. Just on a pretty tight budget here so every dollar i spend is more or less from my own pocket. Pc is for a friend 🙂

i dont really reccomend oc a 11600k i have one and i run stock and it does everytyhing i need but i dont use my pc to edit vidoe or anything like just just gaming

Just now, Mal707 said:

i dont really reccomend oc a 11600k i have one and i run stock and it does everytyhing i need but i dont use my pc to edit vidoe or anything like just just gaming

if you wanted to save money instead of oc just buy a good cpu fan and call it a day

20 minutes ago, Lahti said:

So as the title says, will this fan be enough to do some overclocking on the 11600k? The case will have 3 case fans in it. Could undervolting the cpu be enough to get some extra oc in? All comments are appriciated 🙂

Mobo?

Cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen so unless you can run 130bclk or something then expect terrible oc

Better off running 1.2-1.25v and undervolting the cpu for better temps and so its more efficient

16 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Mobo?

Cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen so unless you can run 130bclk or something then expect terrible oc

Better off running 1.2-1.25v and undervolting the cpu for better temps and so its more efficient

I would say depends on the SKU.

Higher end stuff? Sure, they're close to their limit anyway. I got 200mhz more out of my 10900KF from stock (4.9ghz TVB vs 5.1)

But lower end SKUs typically have more in the tank since their starting point is so much lower. The 10600K has an all-core of 4.5, but it's pretty easy to get 5.0-5.1ghz all-core out of it, especially with the improved substrate/die/IHS configuration.

So while the 10900KF got a measly 4% uplift, the 10600K you can easily get a 10-13% uplift.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

I would say depends on the SKU.

Higher end stuff? Sure, they're close to their limit anyway. I got 200mhz more out of my 10900KF from stock (4.9ghz TVB vs 5.1)

But lower end SKUs typically have more in the tank since their starting point is so much lower. The 10600K has an all-core of 4.5, but it's pretty easy to get 5.0-5.1ghz all-core out of it, especially with the improved substrate/die/IHS configuration.

So while the 10900KF got a measly 4% uplift, the 10600K you can easily get a 10-13% uplift.

There are gains but they are negligable for higher end cpus, if you wanna oc a cpu thats already close to its limit then youll have to bclk oc and info on that is kinda scarce cause no one does bclk oc other than those few that are in the know and really wanna overclock the balls off their cpu, even then for all i know not every board is capable of bclk oc

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

There are gains but they are negligable for higher end cpus, if you wanna oc a cpu thats already close to its limit then youll have to bclk oc and info on that is kinda scarce cause no one does bclk oc other than those few that are in the know and really wanna overclock the balls off their cpu, even then for all i know not every board is capable of bclk oc

Right, but we're also talking about an 11600k here.

All core is 4.6ghz; I think getting another 400-500 megahertz out of it with some minimal effort isn't unrealistic.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

8 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Right, but we're also talking about an 11600k here.

All core is 4.6ghz; I think getting another 400-500 megahertz out of it with some minimal effort isn't unrealistic.

Reasonable but then youd need the chuck a crap load of volt through it, if op does happen to have a z board capable of decent bclk oc (130+) then thats the way to go for an optimal oc with high speeds or just balls to the walls oc

Better off running ~1.2-1.25 w 4.8ghz oc just so its efficient and still performs decently well

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Reasonable but then youd need the chuck a crap load of volt through it, if op does happen to have a z board capable of decent bclk oc (130+) then thats the way to go for an optimal oc with high speeds or just balls to the walls oc

Better off running ~1.2-1.25 w 4.8ghz oc just so its efficient and still performs decently well

From the perspective of ease of use; chucking voltage at it and setting a multiplier is a hundred times simpler and safer than fiddling with BCLK that affects more than just CPU. 

Power consumption under normal loads isn't going to be an issue since it's light use, and under higher loads vdroop will just kick in anyway.

Especially when we're in the realm of 450w GPUs....15-25w more power consumption on the CPU side becomes less and less impactful on the overall power consumption system percentage.

As for myself:

Power limit: unlimited by default
LLC: middle setting
Fixed Vcore: 1.38v

Set:

1 core active: 53x
2 cores active: 53x
3 cores active: 53x
4 cores active: 53x
5 cores active: 52x
6 cores active: 52x
7 cores active: 51x
8 cores active: 51x
9 cores active: 51x
10 cores active: 51x

XMP: on

OC done in 30 seconds :o

in an actual meaningful load, it vdroops to 1.28v anyway. Idle/desktop, it will drop to 800mhz and 2.6w

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Z590 UD AC is the board i went with