How to install Windows 11 on new M.2 NVME

AceMVP8
Go to solution Solved by FalseControl,

If its stream games they will actually transfer over in the stream software from the HDD to the M.2. Regarding the windows 10. You may just upgrade the windows 10 to windows 11 and then transfer it unless you want a fresh install then just get windows 11 software installed on a USB to do a fresh install of windows 11 to the M.2. If you want to transfer over the windows from the hard drive to the M.2 maybe AOMEI cloner will be your solution. Jayztwocents did a video on this about 6-8 months back so you can see a video on how he did it.

How do I install Windows 11 on a newly installed M.2 NVME and do away with Windows 10 on HDD. Is there a way to install the new os and some games from my HDD. I have 2 HDDs 1tb and 2tb and they are both 90% full. I am buying a M.2 this weekend and probably will buy a 500gb because they are so expensive. So I want to transfer the main games my son plays on the M.2. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.IMG_20211113_172246.thumb.jpg.4e56f2520836d89743565cab5fe9d3d2.jpgIMG_20211012_122208.thumb.jpg.8de108dd3c576798f700dd5689b94f83.jpg

If its stream games they will actually transfer over in the stream software from the HDD to the M.2. Regarding the windows 10. You may just upgrade the windows 10 to windows 11 and then transfer it unless you want a fresh install then just get windows 11 software installed on a USB to do a fresh install of windows 11 to the M.2. If you want to transfer over the windows from the hard drive to the M.2 maybe AOMEI cloner will be your solution. Jayztwocents did a video on this about 6-8 months back so you can see a video on how he did it.

3 hours ago, FalseControl said:

Thanks for the info. Which is easier in your opinion,a clean install or cloning. This will be my first time doing this.

Cloning is pretty easy but a clean install for a new operating system would be a good idea too