Unusual Airflow, looking for suggestions.

Naveronasis

Specs because it will matter:

5950x  Cooled with 240aio

EVGA 3080ti ftw hybrid (240aio + blower style fan on card)

Case: mountain mods H2GO (horizontal cube: see image)

As pictured the case has 2 chambers. Top has from left to right:

2x 240 at the pcie side of the motherboard "below" the gpu. And 240 on the CPU side "Above" the CPU with holes in the back panel for circulation and wiring. But mostly for wiring.

The bottom chamber has 1x 240 on the PCI side under the Mobo and 1 240 on the CPU/5" drive side.

Do I intake gpu first or CPU first.

Or do I force cross circulation and go intake bottom outtake top and risk a deadzone. Or go reverse air and go intake top outflow bottom.

Unless I flip the PSU fan it will vent hot air no matter what.

This makes me believe going out of the GPU radiator and IN the CPU Radiator will make the most sense and cause a nice wind tunnel effect but will be negative air pressure.

If I flip the PSU fan it might cause a hotspot in the PSU but with a 1000w. PSU i don't forsee pushing it hard enough. Also it would get fresh air anyway not hot CPU air like in a normal air-cooled layout so maybe it would be fine. (Don't worry I am an electrician who rebuilds all kinds of high voltage stuff of a board level) this would allow me to intake on the entire gpu/pcie side of the case and could even result in positive air pressure.

What do you guys think? My old setup GPU was air-cooled EVGA 1080ti black edition so blasting it with cold intake air made sense. This time it's not so clear. I'm leaning toward take all air in CPU and out PCIE side since GPU will probably be hottest in the system under load and this lets me vent the hottest air last and I won't have to worry about the PSU fan direction.

IMG_20220125_212719.thumb.jpg.aa7dc78ec3ff7dd441132aa9f3c9152e.jpg

4 hours ago, Naveronasis said:

Specs because it will matter:

5950x  Cooled with 240aio

EVGA 3080ti ftw hybrid (240aio + blower style fan on card)

Case: mountain mods H2GO (horizontal cube: see image)

As pictured the case has 2 chambers. Top has from left to right:

2x 240 at the pcie side of the motherboard "below" the gpu. And 240 on the CPU side "Above" the CPU with holes in the back panel for circulation and wiring. But mostly for wiring.

The bottom chamber has 1x 240 on the PCI side under the Mobo and 1 240 on the CPU/5" drive side.

Do I intake gpu first or CPU first.

Or do I force cross circulation and go intake bottom outtake top and risk a deadzone. Or go reverse air and go intake top outflow bottom.

Unless I flip the PSU fan it will vent hot air no matter what.

This makes me believe going out of the GPU radiator and IN the CPU Radiator will make the most sense and cause a nice wind tunnel effect but will be negative air pressure.

If I flip the PSU fan it might cause a hotspot in the PSU but with a 1000w. PSU i don't forsee pushing it hard enough. Also it would get fresh air anyway not hot CPU air like in a normal air-cooled layout so maybe it would be fine. (Don't worry I am an electrician who rebuilds all kinds of high voltage stuff of a board level) this would allow me to intake on the entire gpu/pcie side of the case and could even result in positive air pressure.

What do you guys think? My old setup GPU was air-cooled EVGA 1080ti black edition so blasting it with cold intake air made sense. This time it's not so clear. I'm leaning toward take all air in CPU and out PCIE side since GPU will probably be hottest in the system under load and this lets me vent the hottest air last and I won't have to worry about the PSU fan direction.

IMG_20220125_212719.thumb.jpg.aa7dc78ec3ff7dd441132aa9f3c9152e.jpg

what on top?

well intake cool air and exhausting hot air is best as posable but if you cant do that then you do what you can.

psu fan sould only turn on when its get to 55c inside but i wound not block it. im guessing it gose in the bottem left? if so if you wanted to mod it and flip it so it intakes ouside and exhaust out the back buts its not an necessarily mod thow.

having some air flow on the mb would be nice for vrm cooling so if you can intake from the top and out the sides? if you dont have enuff intake air for the fans then it will starve them. but might just have to play round with it a bit and see.  a vertical gpu mount might be useful depending on the setup. but that's probly min maxing it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I don't think you guys understand this case 😛

The picture above is looking into the case from the front. There is no "top" when I say top of the motherboard I mean... The "top" of the motherboard as if it were mounted in a standard tower case.

there is no top, bottom, front, or back ventilation in this case. It was designed for a "wind tunnel" effect isolating the PSU and drives on the bottom and motherboard on top. There aren't even "front" drive bays. They are rotated 90 degrees to the right hand side of the case as pictured.

THe PSU will vent from the inside of the case to the left without mods. The GPU is on the left. CPU on the right. So my question is. So we intake CPU or intake GPU.

intake CPU side will be consistent with the PSU for optimal wind tunnel effect.

or

do we flip the PSU fan and intake GPU side to optimize GPU cooling since it will be doing the most work in the system.

OR 

do we throw out wind tunnel effect and go for something unorthodox.

2 hours ago, Naveronasis said:

I don't think you guys understand this case 😛

The picture above is looking into the case from the front. There is no "top" when I say top of the motherboard I mean... The "top" of the motherboard as if it were mounted in a standard tower case.

there is no top, bottom, front, or back ventilation in this case. It was designed for a "wind tunnel" effect isolating the PSU and drives on the bottom and motherboard on top. There aren't even "front" drive bays. They are rotated 90 degrees to the right hand side of the case as pictured.

THe PSU will vent from the inside of the case to the left without mods. The GPU is on the left. CPU on the right. So my question is. So we intake CPU or intake GPU.

intake CPU side will be consistent with the PSU for optimal wind tunnel effect.

or

do we flip the PSU fan and intake GPU side to optimize GPU cooling since it will be doing the most work in the system.

OR 

do we throw out wind tunnel effect and go for something unorthodox.

there is a top... i see screws for feet... so if you cant for some resone tell me if there fans there or not i cant help. is there any fans for the "front"?

psu is on the bottem and gpu on top the psu will do shit all for the gpu...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links