Data help

GeneralGusher

Hey 

So im a TMOBILE user and i have just started experiencing some weird data problems

when using data, some of my apps dont work like snapchat, instagram, reddit, youtube, and a bunch of those things but the weird part is that some do work like some games and even safari. I have my data on for all my apps, and i have even reset all my network settings. Another weird thing is that with wifi off, i turned on a VPN and everything works as normal. Im just wondering, what do yuo guys think the problem is?

It could be T-Mobile throttling certain sites compared to others (Net Neutrality) which would explain why the VPN fixes the issue. 

sounds like the service provider may be messing with things there. having that said though.. could be that your phone is doing some data saving thing on certain apps, and i think a VPN technically shows up as a different connection in android, so it may work around any local data saving logic.

having all that said.. it's been too long since i've fussed with setting that stuff up to tell you where to look for it.

53 minutes ago, aidancomi said:

It could be T-Mobile throttling certain sites compared to others (Net Neutrality) which would explain why the VPN fixes the issue. 

It could be but if that was the case wouldnt that be happening to a lot of people?

49 minutes ago, manikyath said:

sounds like the service provider may be messing with things there. having that said though.. could be that your phone is doing some data saving thing on certain apps, and i think a VPN technically shows up as a different connection in android, so it may work around any local data saving logic.

having all that said.. it's been too long since i've fussed with setting that stuff up to tell you where to look for it.

hmm thats interesting. Im on an iPhone so im not sure that would be the case. would you recommend me do anything?