One Oldie MoBo to rule them all!!

frozensun

Hi guys.

I was lookign to start this thread,just to try to escape from a big depression I fight with,and I'm now in the mood to do so.

I love motherboards,I carefully inspect every part of it,and I must say that nowdays newer before MoBos are prone to failures and my opinion is that factories are not inspecting all the elements carefully and put cheap components.

I must say I'm a lucky owner of Asus Rampage V Extreme whom I never sold for 100 euros.

I mean look at this board,this thing is a BEAST!!

So manyx pci-e slots,10 sata ports,dual BIOS,Sonud stage switch,8 DIMM slots...not even a half of an inch of PCB looks empty.

Me comparing this board to like midrange Z690 (like MSI Pro,Gigabyte D revision,MSI Tomahawk,Asus Prime) is a joke...those boards look a joke compared to the "queen" (Rampage V).

Yeah I know many components now are integrated to the CPU...yeah I know it has only 1 m.2 slot,but wth...who neeeds 4 of them...I'm old school,I don't need dumb nvme which costs here like an engine of a midrange car.

I'm satisfied with damn SSD.

Not to mention the quality,I mean this board still works here after 8 years have passed.

Dual BIOS ermmm,I don't think Asus makes dual BIOS boards anymore.

Q-Led Post screen,a lot of modern midrange MoBos even don't have one...

And I mean just look at all the electronic components built on it...I will never sell this board,this board is a legend,not even for 500 euros,which was I think MSRP price.

And I want to buy MSI Z690 Pro which is a poor looking board,just so I could stuck on it 12600K.

I must say to all of you guys,I'm proud owner of Rampage V (yeah I take care of them like children).

God,I wish Bullzoid comments on this thread...

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00937.JPG

DSC00945.JPG

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

2 more...Goshhhh 12 USB ports....wth!! 😄

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00944.JPG

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

"Oldie Mobo" and "X99" do not belong in the same sentence. Or paragraph. Hell, they don't belong in the same book. Come find me when you're rocking an ASUS P5Q 😛

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

"Oldie Mobo" and "X99" do not belong in the same sentence. Or paragraph. Hell, they don't belong in the same book. Come find me when you're rocking an ASUS P5Q 😛

Every other MoBo is a joke compared to this one,ofc not counting Extreme edition with some mumbo jumbo EKW waterblock...but hell I don't need that!

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I have a p5q and this thing is dogsht, only does 490fsb max stable and 565fsb max, ~575fsb if i cold boot it. And thats with the bios modded to a p5qd turbo and ebb swap to maximus ii formula, though i may have a go at the crosshair IV ebb since i didnt really test that one fully, just bios boot fsb. Without bios mod only a pitiful 530fsb max being whooped by my giga g31 that does 542fsb max. Im literally gonna have to tec cool this things nb to even get it to run any half decent fsb

A real good board on 775 is the REX /p5e3 premium and those giga p45 cause they do insane fsb, i have a giga ep45 ud3p and i am really trying to fix this thing without swapping the nb, starting to suspect it may be bios corruption since i could actually reproduce it while modding the bios to attempt using it on a p5q, if it doesnt detect ram then it goes c1 -> 00 but mine gets stuck on c1 always

I was kinda expecting an older board than 775 cause id assume oldie board is 775 and before

• 2 weeks later...

lool when i read old i think on something along the lines  from newer to older xD
a8n32 sli deluxe ,  asus stryker , dfi lanparty nf4 , p4c800 e deluxe or even asus cusl2-c or the beast that was the asus CUR-Dls ...
now that i think of it i have a nice collection xD there are a  couple of soltek boards missing but i can no longer remenber the models xD

Well then I was wrong,I assumed X99 is an old chipset 😄