So when I play some games like Cyberpunk and Halo on my 3060 I get some weird pixelation in certain areas. Almost a aura around ppl and hair

CTxVoltage

image.thumb.png.8a2acc107f6d49c883018178e8677b67.png Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this pixelation? It didn't used to look like this.. When I first started playing I was BLOWN AWAY but how the water looked with ray tracing on now it's worse than games made in 2014. Anytime anyone has hair it's extremely immersion breaking.. I'm running mainly very high settings/ultra any idea what setting could be causing this or if this could be GPU damage of some type? EDIT for some reason these images don't do it justice even just how bad it is.. But you can see the issue atleast.

pixelcyber.png

pixelcyber2.png

Does this happen in anything besides cyberpunk?

which video card and monitor you have could be useful for this.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

image.thumb.png.b63af5e0455d40319f00e03767bd9c09.pngit has happened in Halo in the passed yeah but only in specific reflections in the campaign. Not nearly as bad as an aura on EVERY NPC

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Does this happen in anything besides cyberpunk?

which video card and monitor you have could be useful for this.  

I have the HP 3060 and a Sceptre monitor but that wouldn't appear in screenshots/videos right? There's no way my monitor could cause visual changes to my screenshot can it?

2 hours ago, CTxVoltage said:

But you can see the issue atleast

nope not really tbh? looks like an overhyped video game with terrible graphics but nothing out of the ordinary,  whats wrong with the "hair"... i think thats the least offensive thing visually in those pics. 

there is no "aura" at all in those pics, maybe its something with your monitor?

20220120_114107.thumb.jpg.0ebac82aabb13f2f5363107bc54b8f71.jpg

only thing that *really* stands out to me is the poor resolution of the characters 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, John Reactor said:

It could be artifact of that DLSS thingy everyone are talking about.

I'm not using DLSS in this but turning it up kinda decreases the obviousness of it. It seems to smooth out the pixels/blurs them but they're there. They aren't as sharp helps in the hair.

53 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

nope not really tbh? looks like an overhyped video game with terrible graphics but nothing out of the ordinary,  whats wrong with the "hair"... i think thats the least offensive thing visually in those pics. 

there is no "aura" at all in those pics, maybe its something with your monitor?

20220120_114107.thumb.jpg.0ebac82aabb13f2f5363107bc54b8f71.jpg

only thing that *really* stands out to me is the poor resolution of the characters 

pixelcyber3.thumb.png.e9b9b67c5727ef2b3b3795771ea0c098.png

pixelcyber3.thumb.png.e9b9b67c5727ef2b3b3795771ea0c098.png

You truly can't see how much the pixels of his hair bleed into her hair especially at the top of her head or the sort of "glow" around everyone? It was much wider in the full sized video/in game but sending it on LTT kinda ruins it. I wish I could've sent the 9 second video I took but it was still way to big.. Maybe I should've just uploaded on youtube? You don't see how pixelly that water is? This is native 1080p high/ultra everything with ray tracing and the water looks like that. You watch youtube videos of this same game it's night and day.. I can't find another example even of someone a 1660 ray tracing that has water that looks NEARLY that bad. It's also in Halo

Imgur: The magic of the Internet If you use this link and download it on a 20-30 inch monitor (atleast my brothers 2) just to the left of the reticle there's a small beam of light inside that beam it's full of the same type of artifacts..That's the only way i've found to make the image large enough to show it. And on my series X I NEVER had these artifacts on cyberpunk.. I wish I still had it to retest though. 

There's a screenshot of one of the few times I saw it in Halo. It's so hard to send it in a way that it's big enough that it doesn't reduce the pixels to almost nothing. But they're very visible to me on my multiple different brand near same size monitors.. On the original this image almost the whole back half of that light is very full of pixels that are very visible as I move by.HaloPixel.png

Im on a 55" 4k tv and im not seeing anything really out of the ordinary here aside from some dithering I guess? but dirthering is pretty damn common place in most games just to make rendering easier. Maybe you havent noticed it on XB with cyberpunk because the XB needs to run the game at lower than native screen res so its gonna hide some of that dithering.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Im on a 55" 4k tv and im not seeing anything really out of the ordinary here aside from some dithering I guess? but dirthering is pretty damn common place in most games just to make rendering easier. Maybe you havent noticed it on XB with cyberpunk because the XB needs to run the game at lower than native screen res so its gonna hide some of that dithering.

I can't find anything when searching the term dithering related to video games.

And on my series X I NEVER had these artifacts on cyberpunk

Different architecture. Different game build. Not really comparable.

What dedicated GPU your machine have again? Sorry If I missed it.

4 minutes ago, John Reactor said:

Different architecture. Different game build. Not really comparable.

What dedicated GPU your machine have again? Sorry If I missed it.

HP brand 3060.

19 minutes ago, CTxVoltage said:

I can't find anything when searching the term dithering related to video games.

Its literally been a technique used in gaming since the 16 bit era at the very least....

Rockstar games... even modern ones are notorious for it.

dithering 
http://i.imgur.com/C4Awzle.png

dithering
http://www.adriancourreges.com/img/blog/2015/gtav/a/04_diffuse_checkerboard_legend.jpg

dithering
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WCgLOSrEbGw/VUC4giLGBTI/AAAAAAAAAvE/5HZCbyvn7bE/s1600/streetsofrage2_rgb_raw.gif

Shadow dithering
n93v83omxw141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

dithering in hair

mrke1fz9qup31.png

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I have the HP 3060 and a Sceptre monitor but that wouldn't appear in screenshots/videos right? There's no way my monitor could cause visual changes to my screenshot can it?

So a monitor with active backlight.  There’s something actually called the halo effect with zone backlight monitors.  Might be that.  I can’t really see much in the images.  There seems to be some sort of blur like a bad photoshop cut/paste around figures in the images.  Is that what you are talking about?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Hmm. Bombastinator might  have solved  this.  If he is  right  you need to check  how the game looks on different  monitor.

1 hour ago, CTxVoltage said:

You truly can't see how much the pixels of his hair bleed into her hair

nope sorry. i didn't say the overall image looks clean, because it doesn't,  but I see zero bleeding or glow or whatever you see, try a different monitor as has already been suggested. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

nope sorry. i didn't say the overall image looks clean, because it doesn't,  but I see zero bleeding or glow or whatever you see, try a different monitor as has already been suggested. 

Got an idea: zoom in so the selected area is tiny and there won’t be compression crap. Take the photos which are going to be some ungodly resolution and then crop them way in so they’re small then change the dpi to something near or under 100 so they’re big again but much lower resolution. Kind of a pita but it should work.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So a monitor with active backlight.  There’s something actually called the halo effect with zone backlight monitors.  Might be that.  I can’t really see much in the images.  There seems to be some sort of blur like a bad photoshop cut/paste around figures in the images.  Is that what you are talking about?

Yeah that blur like bad photoshop is what i'm talking about but there are obvious like pixels within that blur. Like beyond where antialiasing would affect. Like sometimes when you look at one object behind another object that other object looks like someone used the spray paint tool and series of light taps to clean up the edges. It's not like constant but when it's obvious it's OBVIOUS. I can try on my brothers monitors i've sent him the pics and seen the affect in the pics when I get them full sized.. But until than I just like cannot see it. I'll have to try to nab one of his monitors while he's at work and see if it's like native.

15 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Its literally been a technique used in gaming since the 16 bit era at the very least....

Rockstar games... even modern ones are notorious for it.

dithering 
http://i.imgur.com/C4Awzle.png

dithering
http://www.adriancourreges.com/img/blog/2015/gtav/a/04_diffuse_checkerboard_legend.jpg

dithering
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WCgLOSrEbGw/VUC4giLGBTI/AAAAAAAAAvE/5HZCbyvn7bE/s1600/streetsofrage2_rgb_raw.gif

Shadow dithering
n93v83omxw141.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

dithering in hair

mrke1fz9qup31.png

SEE that final screenshot that devil may cry seems to capture it the best i've seen in any other picture you may onto something so it's nothing to worry about from my graphics card? ima try to go from my DVI port to my HDMI port on my laptop but that seems to be it the issue is in motion it's alot harder to look at/when you're in a scene that's SO CLOSE TO PHOTO REALISM.

Yeah that blur like bad photoshop is what i'm talking about but there are obvious like pixels within that blur. Like beyond where antialiasing would affect. Like sometimes when you look at one object behind another object that other object looks like someone used the spray paint tool and series of light taps to clean up the edges. It's not like constant but when it's obvious it's OBVIOUS. I can try on my brothers monitors i've sent him the pics and seen the affect in the pics when I get them full sized.. But until than I just like cannot see it. I'll have to try to nab one of his monitors while he's at work and see if it's like native.

Do you have some kind of filtering or resolution enhancement going on?  The problem is if it’s moving with the figures it’s fundamentally code based in nature.  It might be that your monitor just doesn’t get along well with the combination of things thrown at it.  Changing them might fix it though.

19 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you have some kind of filtering or resolution enhancement going on?  The problem is if it’s moving with the figures it’s fundamentally code based in nature.  It might be that your monitor just doesn’t get along well with the combination of things thrown at it.  Changing them might fix it though.

Idk why it took me getting a good nights sleep to think of this. But  here's the full vid you can download it from that link to get the original. But no this is native 1080p